The Lake

"A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets." Gloria Stuart

I awoke to soft sheets, and the afternoon light trickled in through the blinds. Shedding myself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, my eyes were still shut as I soaked in the warmth of my covers before letting my green eyes see the sun's rays. I was not ready to leave my bed.
It looked to be about noon. I got up and walked into the hallway groggily. I stood in front of the door waiting for whoever was taking so long to get out. Five minutes later I knocked softly on the door becoming impatient. "Could you hurry up, I'm getting cold!" I shouted. Pony opened the door slowly. "Is there something you need Nicole?" I crossed my arms angrily shooting him a glare. He grinned and shut the door. I huffed while walking down the stairs.

Downstairs Two Bit and Steve were golfing chocolate cake down their mouths. Soda was on the phone with some girl in the kitchen while Darry was reading the newspaper. I entered the living room and everyone once again turned their heads at me. "Doesn't it get old to keep doing that?" They all chuckled. I looked over at Steve to see him still looking at me. When no one was looking he winked at me.

'What a cutie' I thought to myself. I blushed. I'm a real hopeless romantic and I hated it too. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a cold beer. "One a day...got it?" Darry questioned me. Making a surrendering gesture I spoke "Yeah, yeah."
Two Bit left with Pony to go see a movie. I scratched my head not knowing what we were doing in the house on a nice day on the weekend.

"Better get dressed we're gonna go to the Dingo and get some lunch."
Soda spoke getting off the phone. "I can't go I gotta get to work." Darry said. I nodded and took another sip of my beer and headed upstairs. I felt like dressing a little nicer today. For Steve. I grinned at the thought. Reaching my room I closed my door and walked over to my closet. I picked a nice outfit that really showed my curves. I put on some makeup, not a lot but enough to look presentable. I curled my hair.
Soda opened my door and told me to bring my swimsuit. I asked him why but he just wouldn't tell my why. I knew we would probably swim but where.

____________
In the car we pulled up to the Dingo. Steve came and opened the door from me. I grabbed his cheek "Your such a gentleman." We both laughed. We strolled inside. The minute I followed Soda and Steve to this booth witch Sandy was sitting in. "Oh Nicole, I forgot to tell you were eating with my girl. This is Sandy." Soda introduced me to her. I gave him a fake smile and said "Unfortunately I've already met this interesting piece of work." I turned and gave her a fake smile. Steve sat in the seat trying to change the subject. "Who's hungry?" I just sat down next to him and, looked at Soda who gave me a be-nice-please look. Nobody really knew Sandy and I's past. We hated each other. I thought of her as a stupid blonde broad. She doesn't really love Soda and she knows it. It's gonna kill me what she gonna go with him.

The whole meal Sandy acted as if I was invisible. I wish I could pull her blonde hair out.
___________
I crossed my arms in the back seat of the car. "Will someone please tell me where we're going already?" I said getting antsy. Steve looked at me in the rear view mirror. I couldn't stay mad cause that made me smile.
Finally Soda gave up "Were just going to the lake Nicole...are you happy?" I just sat back and laid my head on the head rest. Within fifteen minutes we were there. We hopped out and got our swimsuits. I went to the outhouse and changed into my cute swimsuit.
I got out and ran to the dock by Steve and Soda. "Hey is that Johnny?" I said trying not to laugh. Both of the boys looked over into the distance. Steve cupped his hands making a pair of binoculars. I pushed them both in but before I could stop laughing Steve pulled me with him on his way down. "No Steve!!" We all went crashing into the water. Coming up gasping for air I laughed so hard. "You have such a pretty smile, you know that." Steve complimented me. I cupped his face and before we know it he leaned in and kissed me. He wrapped his arms around my waist. As he pulled closer I could feel his strong abs against my body. I opened my eyes to see Soda looking confused. I broke the kiss and turned to Soda. "Would you like to join?" I said sarcastically. I jumped over and clung over onto Soda. I rubbed my knuckles on his hand giving him a noogie. We used to do that when we're kids. I looked around to notice it was just us three. I then realized..I can't swim. "Steve you better catch me cause I can't swim." I looked worried at him. "I got you baby, trust me." Steve assured me. I flailed my arms out probably looking goofy over to Steve. "Ur almost 17 and you can't swim?" I managed to lightly punch him in the arm. "Oh shut it." I looked over to find Soda climbing onto the dock to get out. "We better going it's gettin' dark" Soda said. We all got out and changed into our warm clothes to get in the truck.
__________
Driving back home, I fell asleep in the back of the truck. Steve and Soda were humming to an Elvis song. "Wanna stay over at my place tonight guys?" Steve asked Soda and I. I jumped up and nodded quickly. "I'm sure Darry won't mind, after all it is a weekend." Soda exclaimed. We headed toward Steve's house witch wasn't too far. We pulled up and hopped out.
___________
We ate dinner witch consisted of beer and chocolate cake. "Well I could use some rest how about you guy's?" Steve yawned getting the sentence out. Soda insisted on taking the sofa. "Leave me to sleep on the ground why don't ya?" I joked with Soda. He just rolled his eyes. "I was thinking maybe, you could sleep with me..." Steve said standing in the door frame. I walked over to him locking eyes with his. "I can't get over how good you are to me." I grinned ear to ear. Being with him made me feel amazing. He took my hand and lead me to his room. We entered his room witch was very clean. He had signs all over remind me of my room. He had many old fashion car posters. I liked his room a lot. "I don't have anything to wear?" I said butting my lip. He grabbed a shirt that was probably a little big in him and tossed it at me. I smiled and walked in the bathroom and changed. A few minutes later I walked out to see Steve standing there shirtless. His muscle were big and his 'V' line just turned me on.

It was sharp indeed

It was sharp indeed. He laid down on the bed and I followed. I glad it wasn't awkward. I faced him starring into his eyes. "I was wondering. Never mind." Steve said. "Go ahead and tell me Steve." Giving him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled at my response. "I was wondering if you wanted to be my girl?" He said. I jumped up. I grabbed his face and interlocked our lips together. "Of course, I would!" With that he threw me on top of him. I straddles him. I bent down and and slipped my tongue in his mouth.

Steve rotated our positions. I was underneath him. He nibbled on my ear then leaving a trail of kisses down my neck. I was getting really hot. I ran my fingers through his hair.

*Creeeeaaaaaakkkk*

"Hey, what time does our shif..."

We looked up to see Soda standing in the door way. "Soda have you ever heard of knocking?" Steve said hanging his head down. Soda furrowed his eyebrows. "You little horn dog. We're either of you gonna tell me?" I looked at Soda giving him the 'not-now-look' but then realizing the moment was already ruined."We weren't doin nothin' Soda." I chuckled shooing him away. Soda finally shut the door and went back to the couch. Steve laid his head on my stomach wrapping his hands around my waist. "I love you Nicole." He kissed my stomach while I played with his hair. "I love you, goodnight." With that we feel asleep close to each other. I didn't want this moment to end. I love him so much.

-thanks for reading!-