☽ | one

☽☽☽

"You really need to get out of here Angel. This isn't healthy for you." Ryland, my best friend noted. I was aware that this wasn't the best choice for me and I should try to move on from my mother's passing but it seemed as if I just couldn't let her go.

"I, it's hard Ryland. I can't." Wiping my eyes with the corners of my oversized sweater, I wished my mother was still here.

"Look, mom would've wanted you to move on and continue to become the woman she raised you to be. I'm gonna always be there for you, to help and possibly guide you and right now, you've just gotta leave her as a thought in your head that will never die." Ryland gently put his hand in mine giving it a loving squeeze. I couldn't fully accept what was being told to me but I knew I would try.

"How about we head out to that new diner down the way, hmm?" I nodded getting up to go change into some more decent clothing.

"I'll have to take a shower first, it'll be quick." Ryland waved me off, proceeding to the kitchen to raid me of her food as he usually does.

"Take all the time you need babes."

☽☽☽

The streets of Florida were filled with many cars as it was that time of the year for vacations.

"This couldn't get any better, HEY THE LIGHT'S GREEN ASSHOLE!" I could tell Ryland was about to go on a road rage and I knew how bad he could get if he wasn't stopped soon enough.

"Look Ry the diner is right there, pay attention before you miss the turn." I scolded Ryland earning an eye roll and a grunt from him.

"Whatever, we're here." Ryland got out of the car slamming the door afterward. I got out behind him and rushed to catch up to him. Once we got inside I went to find a table and Ryland went to go order our food.

"So what's a girl like you doing that she has to be dining by herself?"

"Oh, I'm not dining by myself." I told the oddly attractive guy standing in front of me; biceps bulging and all.

"Well, your boyfriend's crazy to leave you here all alone." I nodded my head slowly not caring to tell him I didn't have a boyfriend. He kept staring down at me causing an uncomfortable feeling to flow through my body.

"Um, is there something you need?"

"Your number would be nice. You seem like a nice girl and I want to get to know you more if you don't mind?" I scanned him over again taking every part of him from the top of his long and curly hair to the bottom of his tan colored Yeezy's, at least I think that's what they're called. I must admit, he is an attractive man.

"Aren't you forgetting that I have a 'boyfriend...?" I looked at him with a puzzled face asking him for his name.

"Midas, Midas Edmond, and yours?" Midas smiled down at me extending his a hand for me to shake. I carefully place my hand in his giving it a small squeeze.

"Angelus Scott, it's nice to meet you." Just then Ryland came back with a ticket in his hand and a little bit of a pep in his step.

"What's got you so cheery?" He looked like a little kid who had just gotten a free access pass to a candy shop.

"Oh nothing," He waved me off. "I'll tell you later but, who's this?" He turned his body to face Midas. Before I could say anything, Midas beat me to it.