☽ | four - part one.

"Next customer please!" I straightened out my apron as the next customer walked up to the counter.

"How can I help you, ma'am?"

"Hi, can I have two Cappuccinos, one Iced Vanilla Latte, and three Espressos, please. Oh, and put it under Caldwell." I tapped her order in and gave her the price, thus finishing the transaction.

"Your drinks will be out shortly ma'am." She gave me a curt nod and moved over to the side as the next customer stepped up.

"How can I -- Rosa?" The woman who I had called out looked at me in confusion before realization washed over her face.

"Angelus! How've you been babe? I haven't seen you in ages, but you still look amazing as always." I gave her a dismissive wave, smiling a bit.

"Please, I look crappy as hell so don't even. You, on the other hand, look amazing." We both shared a laugh for a second before she gave me her order.

"Whenever you're not busy, we should hang out, catch up, have some girl time." I nodded my head in agreement, I was in desperate need of some girl time because Ryland was driving me all kinds of nuts, but that's nothing new.

"I actually get off in a couple of minutes if you're free now?" I asked.

"Yes! I'll wait here until you're finished." I gave her a thumbs up in response and went back to servicing the last few customers before stamping out. I quickly went to the back and hung up my apron letting the head chef know I was heading out for the end of my shift.

"Alright! Where to?"

☽☽☽

Rosa, being the nice and sweet person that she was, paid for both for us to have a spa day and then more. I honestly could have paid for it myself but Rosa wasn't hearing any of it. I mean, who am I to object?

Rosa was a close friend of mine back in high school. Ryland, Rosa, and Angelus: the inseparable trio. We had promised that after school, we would stick together no matter what happened. And then, Rosa became pregnant. She came to Ryland and I asking what she should do. She didn't know if she should abort the baby, have it and put it up for adoption, or have it and keep it. But most of all she didn't know if her baby's father, Sebastian, would stick around to find out.

After that, it's like she disappeared. Ryland and I only heard that she had dropped out through the grapevine and we couldn't contact her or anything since she didn't have a telephone. No one knew a thing about her whereabouts. That was nearly five years ago and just by looking at her, I can tell she's happier and more confident than what she used to be.

"So mami, fill me in on everything. I feel terrible not keeping in touch after school." Rosa and I sat down at the mall cafeteria with some Panda Express on my side and Subway on hers. Once I settled, I began to talk.

"Well, nothing interesting has happened since high school if that's what you're wondering." Rosa snorted.

"Oh please! You must have a boo thing you're keeping up with, no? What about school?" I laughed, blushing a bit.

"Yeah, I do. His name is Midas and he's a real sweetheart. We've only been dating for a few months though, I hope we continue the streak." I smiled, thinking about Midas fondly.