☽ | five

angelus' pov

It's been what, a little over a week now? A bit over a week since the incident with Midas, and I'm honestly still recovering. It's not as if he did much, however, I'm still in pain; physically and emotionally. He's been tame ever since though, and acts as if nothing happened... and that scares me more than anything.

"How's the job search going?" I felt the bed dip as Midas flopped beside me before peering over at my laptop.

"Decent enough. The new elementary school downtown actually contacted me earlier this morning, I'm scheduled for an interview later this week."

"That's great baby, I'm proud of you." Midas took my hand in his, cradling it with much care before planting a soft kiss on the back. I peered down at him, watching him watch me with so much care and love in his eyes. It makes it hard to believe that he was a literal monster just a few days ago.

"Would you mind taking me to the interview? The school's a bit far from the nearest train station and I would have to walk about 5 miles to get there from it."

"Sure baby, what time?"

"10 A.M." Midas hummed in response before checking his watch and abruptly removing himself from the bed.

"Fuck, I'm late." I heard him mumble to himself as he threw on his noir trench coat and made a beeline for the front door.

"Where are you going?" Midas took a glance at me before striding back over and planting a kiss on my lips as he spoke softly.

"Don't worry about it. I love you." He kissed the top of my forehead and afterward took his leave. I sighed and pushed my laptop to the side, burying my face in my hands.

I wonder why I do this, why I put myself through this.

"I didn't even press the motherfucker." Silently cursing at myself, I decided to put my thoughts in the back of my mind and settled down in the living room to watch the new episode of Lucifer.

☽☽☽

midas' pov

"Midas, I asked you a question."

"I heard you."

"Well then, I would like a response from you. This is your time." I ran my hand over my face, racking my brain for the words I wanted to use.

"Yeah, I wanted to kill her, but I didn't so that's good right?" I held out my hands in exasperation and watched Dr. Miraz stare at me with a blank expression.

"I suppose you want a gold medal or two for that?" He sighed and scribbled in that stupid notebook of his while I rolled my eyes at his remark.

"What did she do that made you so angry all of a sudden?"

"She tried to leave me."

"Why?"

"Look, it doesn't matter why." I sat up on the sofa and rested my elbows on my knees, "She wanted to leave me and I stopped her."

"Then you wanted to make sure she wouldn't want to do it again." I shook my head no and looked up at my shrink.

I've always wanted to kill him.

"It was never my intention to hurt her, I just wanted to set her back on the right path."

"How exactly does," Miraz glanced at his notebook, "Slamming someone against a wall and choking them help to 'set them on the right path'?"

"Okay, okay hear me out." I slid to the edge of the couch and looked Miraz in his eyes, eager for him to understand my logic.

"See, if she left me, she would feel happy for a while. However, not for long because she'll realize: she can't live without the man who's given her everything she could desire in a relationship, and more! It would feel as if she was choking and the only thing that would make it stop is coming back to me." I clapped my hands together and leaned back on the couch, smiling at the doctor.

"Do you understand?" Miraz grunted and adjusted his glasses before sitting completely upright in his chair.

"Midas, I've been your therapist for many, many years so I take it that you trust me, correct?"

I shrugged. "I suppose."

"So listen, this ordeal isn't the first time something like that has happened with you and your past significant others. It seems as if instead of trying to evaluate what you yourself may be doing wrong, you turn the situation on them, causing both of you to lash out but with you, it's more violent.

"Woah Doc,-."

"Let me finish." He put his hand up to silence me and I slumped back onto the couch.

"So I'm asking you this, expecting honesty but knowing I won't receive it." I eyed the doctor, clasping my hands together.

"What happened to your past girlfriends?

"What do you think happened? We went our separate ways."

"But you were so hell-bent on keeping them with you, and overly attached. What gives?" I shrugged.

"I mean, we all came to an understanding. Of course, I wasn't pleased when it came down to it, but it had to be done. I'm trying to change so it won't happen again."

"Would you be able to do the same with Angelus, if she ever wanted to break up?"

"I'm tired of talking about this shit."

"Or are you just tired of lying to me?"

"You got something you want to say to me doc?" After a moment of contemplation, Dr. Miraz shook his head and sighed, afterward putting his notepad to the side.

"I truly hope you're not lying to me. I can only help where I know the entire scope of things. If that's all, I'm going to have to kindly ask you to leave; my next patient is due in a few minutes. Please don't forget to make another appointment-."

I was already out the door before he could finish his statement, and past the receptionist. We're gonna have to pick that up another time.

☽☽☽

started: may 18.19

fin: may 18.20

lmao exactly a year later.