Lonely

Athena

Sitting at home the night before Valentine's Day with a tub of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice-cream in my hand, seemed like my normal routine every year. And that was what I was doing this year.

Men and women were out late night shopping buying the best gifts for their loved ones, while I sat on my crappy couch alone.

I didn't mind it though; my cat Archer was lying next to me keeping me company. Archer was a Mexican cat, which my great aunt Natasha gave me on my 14th birthday, which was 6 years ago, and he was the chubbiest, cutest cat I had ever seen.

Being the young, emotionally mess young adult I am, I was watching all the romance movies I could find in my shoebox apartment- located in west England.

A box of tissues sat to my left for any teary events and on my right, was extra fluffy blankets for me to snuggle into.

I was on my third movie- Bridget Jones Baby, and I turned over to get another tissue only to find out that had all gone. All the dirty ones laid around me as I couldn't be bothered to throw them in the bin.

Standing up and pausing the movie I walked into the kitchen and searched the cupboards for anyone tissues. Three cupboards and two draws later I had found no tissues for my teary eyes, so I thought to myself I can't not have tissues, I would turn into a snotty mess. I must pop round to the corner shop.

----------------------------------------
Updating every Monday night
Vote
Comment
&
Share
Xxxxx