A night of happiness

Walking into the diner I placed my hand on the girls back and led her inside.

"Table for two?", the hostess asked.

I answered yes and walked towards the red booth hidden in the back.

Sitting down I turned towards the girl to see her nervously playing with her fingers underneath the table. The hostess asked if what we wanted to drink, answered with a root beer while the girl asked for a glass of water.

Pretending to be really interested in the menu, I let the girl check me out before I looked up at her. I caught her and she had quickly turned her head around, I chuckled at her antics.

"You know as were having dinner together I think we should know each other's names, I'm Vincent", I spoke kindly towards the girl.

"I'm Athena", the girl answered back and smiled towards her, Athena I thought to myself like the virgin goddess of wisdom and war.

"What a beautiful name, for a beautiful girl", I spoke kindly and Athena blushed at my words and looked downwards, she was too cute.

Placing my hand on her chin I said, "Don't look down, beautiful angels like you should always look up".

She blushed even more her face becoming even redder. "I mean it, you're an angel which everyone should look up to and kneel down too", I told her kindly my starring directly into her beautiful eyes.

She giggled at my words and I let out a low chuckle at cuteness.

Before I could say another compliment, the hostess came, she asked what we wanted to eat. Athena ordered a beef burger with onion ring and fries, while I ordered the same with extra BBQ sauce. I was surprised that Athena had ordered such a big meal as my ex-girlfriend would always order salads.

After the women took our menus away I turned to Athena and said, "I like a girl who eats a lot".

She blushed again and said "thanks, I guess".

During the meal, I had embarrassing spilled some of my extra BBQ sauce onto Athena's hoodie, and said sorry and told her I would pay for the dinner.

Feeling happy that I had found so much about Athena, I went to ask Athena if she wanted to say out long, however she beat me to it.

"I don't want this night to end", she spoke in her sweet voice.

I smiled and said, "me either".

Knowing the beach was only about a 5-10-minute walk I asked Athena if she wanted to walk to the beach.

"sure", she answered back.

------------------------------------

Nearly at the end of this short story. Thank you for reading my book, try out my others:

The Princess's Mate

&

The Lost Queen

Word Count: 433

Vote

Comment

&

Share

xxxxx