Will Solace x Reader: Why?

Things to note: •Thoughts are in single quotes •Mentions of self harm, depression, and suicidal thoughts. Reader discretion advised.
---------
-(Y/N)'s POV-
Smack.

My fist hit the dummy's face.

Thud.

My foot slammed into its side.

Smack. Thud. Smack. Thud.

I repeatedly hit the dummy over and over again.

'Why did the monsters have to come?!?' Smack. 'Why did Mother and Father have to die?!?' Thud. 'Why did I have to be different?!?' Smack. 'Why was my whole life a big lie?!?' Thud.

I kept thinking about the miserableness of my life.

"Hey," A soft voice said, interrupting my gloomy thoughts.

"What do you want?" I snapped back, not looking at the speaker as I kept my hitting and kicking routine.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see how you were doing. You shouldn't be using that wrist, you know. That'll just make it worse. And the ankle, too. They could heal wrong and be unfixable." The speaker chided.

I finally spotted my routine to look at him. It was Will, an Apollo boy. "Well, if you haven't noticed, I need some way to take my anger out, and you aren't helping. So please leave." I growled.

"Ever since you came, you've been acting so grumpy and you snap at anyone who tries to talk to you. Then you come back from your 'quest' with a broken wrist and a sprained ankle. If I didn't know better, I would have thought you ran into a couple of monsters. But the way you are acting, it seems like you are taking out your anger with self harm." Will murmured.

'And he's right... but I can't say that, can I? Or will he think I'm just a worthless human?' I thought.

"You're right. I did do that to my self. I just can't handle this anymore. It seems like the whole world is going against me. I don't want to deal with this anymore!" I cried. I crumpled to the ground, crying like a pathetic baby.

I felt his warm arms wrap around me. His breath tickled my ear. "It's okay. I'm here for you. I'll never let you go." He whispered.

"Why?" I sobbed. "Why would anyone like me? A pathetic, weak, worthless mistake of a human? If I killed my self, no one would care! No one would notice!"

"I would care." Will murmured.

"What? Why?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Because you are a beautiful, intelligent, young lady. And if you have anymore thoughts about self harm, or suicide, please, come talk to me. It won't help to keep those thoughts pent up!" Will said encouragingly. "I'll always be there for you, no matter the time, the place, or the circumstances. I promise."

We sat there for the rest of the afternoon. At night fall, he carried me to dinner, then back to my cabin. My siblings smiled and giggled at the sight of Will carrying me.

He laid me in bed, kissing my forehead and saying, "Good night, my love."

---------
Words: 493
And that, is the second chapter in this book.