Chapter 4 - Mr. Worry

"I asked why he came, but he became silent, which was odd for him. I didn't wanna bother him with it, but I was just so worried."

~°○°~

"Hey, Mark!" Jack smiled, and Mark noticed as a light blush spred across the Irishman's cheeks.

     'Oh, man, he's even cuter in person!' Mark thought to himself as he stared into Jack's oceanic eyes.

     'Wait! No I can't think that! He's just my friend!'

     "Mark?" Jack said, taking Mark's hand worriedly, "Everything good?"

     "Wha-  oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking, is all..." Mark let out a nervous laugh, hoping Jack wouldn't notice.

     'Yeah, just friends...' The Amercian thought as he pulled his hand away from Jack's.

~•●•~

     They walked to Mark's car in silence, but not an awkward silence, the comfortable kind. The drive was mostly the same, except Mark broke the silence after a few minutes.

     "Hey, can I ask you somethin'?"

     "Hm? Of course!" Jack smiled, taking his attention from the passenger window to Mark.

     Mark kept an eye on the road as he spoke, "Why'd you need to leave Ireland so suddenly?"

     And now there's an awkward silence.

     Mark knew he should have kept his mouth shut, but he was just so damn curious. He wanted to know because he was concerned for his friend.

     But, no ordinary person would be this concerned for a friend, right? All Mark knew was that he couldn't love Jack. He just couldn't. It was just him being Mr. Worry, is all.

     "I... uh..." The Irishman stuttered, unable to find the right words. He didn't want to lie to Mark, but he didn't wanna tell the truth.

     "It's okay, you don't gotta tell me," Mark let out a quiet sigh,, "I was just a bit worried is all."

    'Worried?' Jack thought, 'He's worried about me?'

     Jack couldn't help but smile slightly as a blush came across his cheeks. He decided to look out the window once more, hoping Mark wouldn't notice.

     'I never thought anyone could worry about me...'

~•●•~

     They soon arrived at Mark's house and Jack was taken aback at the size of it.

     Mark must have noticed how the Irishman was looking the house, "Big, huh? My parents had it as a vacation home and just gave it to me once I moved here."

     "Geez, that's awfully nice of them!" Jack said, surprised that they would do that. His parents would have never done anything like that for him, after all.

~•●•~

     They went inside and Jack collapsed on to the couch.

     "Tired? I would be too after a long plane ride," Mark said as he sat next to the almost asleep Irishman.

     "Yeah," He let out a slight giggle and a yawn.

     "Hmm..." The American thought for a moment, "Why don't we watch a movie?"

     Jack smiled, he hadn't watched a movie with someone in a long time. "Yeah, let's!"

     As Jack picked a movie, Mark went to his kitchen and made some popcorn and brought back some sodas.

     "Anndddd, we're all set," The redhead said as he hit the play button.

~•●•~

     About halfway through the movie, Jack had fallen asleep. He ended up leaning on Mark's shoulder, but the American didn't mind, fact, he kind of liked it.

     He knew he shouldn't, but he ended up picking Jack up and carrying him to his room, laying him on the bed.

     'He looks so serene and peaceful...' Mark thought as he took one last look before walking out of his room with an extra blanket and laying on the couch.

     He did have a guest room, but he wanted Jack to be able to find him if he needed anything. Besides, the couch was pretty comfy.

     Though, Mark couldn't sleep despite how tired he was. All he could think of was Jack and how he reacted when the topic of why he left was brought up.

     'Something really bad must have happened... He didn't even have any bags or anything when he got off the plane,' Mark sighed, turning on to his back and stared at the ceiling. 'I'm so worried about him, but why? It's not like I've known him my whole life or anything? Hell, I hardly know him at all...'

~•●•~

    After hours of sleeplessness, he finally did drift off, but not for long. Sunlight leaked through the curtains of his living room and woke him up.

     At first, he was confused as to why he was on his couch, but he remembered a certain little Irishman had suddenly decided to come over.

     'Maybe I should make breakfast for him or something...' Mark thought as he got up and roamed his kitchen, 'I hope he likes pancakes.'

~°○°~

A/N:

30 minutes early because I know I'll forget to do it tomorrow morning. You're welcome.

Goodnight. I really don't want to wake up 🙃