Chapter 2

Jihee

I was sweeping the floor on this cold Saturday morning. Mr. Joonhyung watched me as always. This 29-year-old man doesn't have a girlfriend for ages and I don't know if he'll have one.

"Finish that early or you'll get a cold." He said as he went inside. I shrugged my shoulders as I finished sweeping. I heard a bicycle coming. I didn't except it was him again. He was wearing a black jacket with florals on it. He looked so carefree that I couldn't take my eyes on him.

"What am I even doing?" I quickly avert my gaze before he notices. Hoseok stops at a corner near the shop. I gripped the broom as if I didn't saw him. He looked up and found me. He waved before riding off to the other road.

I felt I was out of breath as he waved at me back there. I placed the broom inside the storage room. Mr. Joonhyung was busy scrolling on his phone. "Bearbricks are coming. Make sure to arrange it well." He said.

☀︎

It rained again in school. I don't hate the weather.. it's just that it makes me sleepy. I love the rain the most. The after smell and the sound.

I looked at the window and stared at outside. It sucks to have Arithmetics on a rainy day, I'll go crazy. "This is a hard time." I sighed. I rested for awhile since the teacher didn't arrived yet. Thump! I rose up, my classmates were in their seats. Strange. I felt like something hit my desk or something. I turned and found a yellow note.

Please don't sleep! I heard the new Arithmetics Teacher is not nice.
Have a nice day also.

I looked around but no one is seemed to blend in with this note. I took the note and placed it inside my sketchpad. "I guess this person is being nice." I smiled lightly as the teacher came in. True, she wasn't nice at all.

Namjoon rushed in behind the classroom. The teacher didn't noticed but proceeded writing on the board. "Where were you?" I whispered to him. "Somewhere." He replied back.

The Arithmetics teacher gave us a mock exam on her first day. What a nice teacher. Everyone was silently groaning on the test papers. I want to sleep geez! I forced myself to lazily answer the questions while Namjoon was half way finishing it. How do you even get 148 as an IQ?

We all knew that we're going to fail except for Kim Namjoon. The Teacher asked me to arrange all the papers. "Please give it to Jung, who is outside Ms. Yu." She said.

I grabbed all the papers and went outside. The boy went on a quick shock on his face. His posture went straight as he gently grabbed the papers. "Hoseok right?" I asked. He nodded as he took the papers. Before I could say something, the teacher came out. "B-Bye." He said shortly as he turn his heel.

"Weird." I thought.

Namjoon was busy reading his English novels. "Say Nam, do you know Jung Hoseok?" I sat beside him. He closed his novel and faced me. "Why do you ask?"

"He's a regular customer in my workplace since classes started. I was wondering if you know him.."

"He's my childhood friend. He just moved back in Seoul." Namjoon said. Moved back?

"When you were here during 8th grade, he moved back to province due to family problems." He said, sighing. I guess it was a pretty bad question to ask. So that's why people sounded so weird when Hoseok came back to this school.

☀︎

"Jihee noona!"

I stopped and turned around. That sophomore again. He dashed towards me with a worried expression. "Come with me quick!" He grabbed my wrist but I easily flicked off.

"Why?" I asked. Saejin came in time and glared at the young boy. "Jeon Jungkook, what brings you here?" She folds her arms.

"Now, it's not the time for heated insults! Namjoon is going to kill Jimin!" Jungkook shriek. We both followed him at the back of the school. The other junior was down on the ground, wounded. "Hyung!" Jungkook rushed to the bruised male. Namjoon was just choking the other male. Saejin remained silent. She didn't knew that Namjoon had this side.

He let go of the silver haired boy. "You fucking asshole." Namjoon yelled. He gathered his fist and was ready to hit him.

"Namー" My eyes greatly widen. Hoseok was fast as lighting that he received the punch instead of junior. "H-Hoseok?!" Namjoon noticed and stopped his action. Hoseok held his face while smiled through the pain. Saejin rushed to the bruised male.

"What are you doing?" Namjoon felt guilty after hitting his childhood friend. Hoseok didn't answer but smiled consistently.

"Jihee! Jihee! Can you help me with this boy?" Saejin called. I went over them and helped the boy. He coughed out blood. Jungkook seemed to have the other guy awake.

"I'm Kim Taehyung." The blond boy said. The silver haired boy didn't speak. "His name is Park Jimin." Taehyung spoke for him.

"Are you Namjoon's friends?" Saejin seemed worried about this matter. They nodded except for Jimin. He looked so swollen that he didn't acknowledge our presence. Hoseok came in and glanced at the two boys. He had a bandage on his right cheek. He gave me something before going. "Hoseok?" Namjoon sighed as his friend left again.

I was pretty cool back there huh?

"Jihee?"

"Nothing."

Hey