Chapter 17

Caleb's POV

32 weeks pregnant........

I was sitting in my office going over the things I need for the meeting that's coming up in an hour when Aaliyah comes in my office.

"Mr. Harrington I'm going to lunch but I will be back in time for the meeting." She says smiling but she is going to chop my head as soon as I tell her to go home.

"No need to worry about the meeting because your dismissed after you go from lunch." I say not looking at her.

"Um excuse me what now?" She says to me and all I could think about is 'all here we go'

"You can go home after lunch and I'm getting you a replacement." I say now looking in my baby's eyes and if looks could kill I would be more then 6 feet under.

She laughed "oh so your firing me?" She asked sitting on my couch.

I walked and sat on the edge of my desk "no I'm not firing you I'm just putting you on early maternity leave and when the 6 weeks are up you can come back full swing." I say trying to ease her mind but by the look she's giving me I know I failed.

"Maternity leave I'm only 32 weeks I have 3 weeks left until I have to take maternity leave." She says now standing up "so explain to me the early maternity leave." She says with fire in her eyes.

I gulped "because I don't want you to put stress on the baby and your 8 weeks away from giving birth." I say

"No I want to work as much as I can because when she gets here I won't be able to do as much." She says yelling.

"No you are dismissed after lunch." I say more stern because Aaliyah is so stubborn but I know I'm in trouble later. She just looks at scoff rolls her eyes and walks out.

I sighed but I know I'm in the dog house and probably until my baby gets here.

Aaliyah's POV

I'm pissed off at Caleb that I can't stay in our house. I'm on my way home I decided to call my mom she answered on the 3rd ring.

"Hi baby girl what's going on?" She says through the phone.

I sniffed "hi mom" I say with my voice cracking.

"Baby girl what's wrong, talk to me. What happened?" My mom says worried.

"I'll explain later but can I come stay with you for a couple days. I just need time to think." I say pulling into Caleb and I's drive way.

"Yes baby that's fine."

"Okay I'll see you when I get there." I say then hung up the phone.

I packed a bag for at least a month and made my way to my moms house. I was getting my bag out of the car when my mom comes outside and hugs me while grabbing my bag.

We go into the house and sit in the living room I sit on the couch and take my shoes off
, while my mom took my bag to my old room. "Now tell me what happened and I want to know everything." My mom says bring me a blanket and some chamomile tea and sitting down next to me.

I sighed as I begin to speak "Caleb put me on maternity leave this morning and I want to work as much as I can before Arianna comes and I have 3 weeks left to work." I say taking a sip of my tea.

My mom nodded her head and said okay, we watched movies and ate lunch, now we are watching addicted when my mom phone starts ringing.

She looks at the phone and starts smiling and she gets up and walks on the kitchen. My mom comes back out smiling really hard.

"Baby girl are you going to be okay by yourself for a few hours?" My mom asked sitting on side of the couch. "Yea why? What's going on?" I say sitting up.

My mom just smiled "I have a date tonight and I really like him." She says blushing and I smiled my mom deserves to be happy. Since my dad died when Derrick was 12 and I was 9 she had put dating on hold.

"Go mom I'll be okay." I say and she hugs and jets upstairs to get ready.

An hour later there is a knock at the door "I'll get it!" I yell up the stairs because I know my mom is getting ready.

I open the door to a smiling handsome man who looks like he is in his mid forties. He has a bald head and a beard.

"Hi I'm Gabriel you must be Aaliyah

"Hi I'm Gabriel you must be Aaliyah." He says holding his hand out. I shake his hand .

"Yes I'm Aaliyah but come on in my mom is just getting ready."  I say as we get into the living room.

"So how's the baby." Gabriel asks sitting on the chair and while I sat on the couch.

I rubbed my stomach and smiled "She is good I just can't wait to meet her."  I say smiling at Gabriel.

"Your mom can't either one day we at dinner and this couple walked in with their baby and all your mom kept saying is 'I can't wait to meet my lil slugger'." He says smiling making me smile.

Gabriel and I were too busy talking we didn't see my mom come down stairs " what are you two talking about?" My mom says making me and Gabriel look at her in awe.

"Mom you look hot!" I say fanning the pillow towards her, she laughed.

"Girl shut up!" She says blushing

"She's right Nikki you look beautiful." Gabriel says smiling making my mom smile.

My mom and Gabriel walked out the door  toward Gabriel car. "Mom I like him" I mouthed to her when she looked at me and she mouthed back 'thank you and I love you.' I nodded my head and headed back inside the house.

I stayed down stairs watched some shows and as I'm watching House of Payne I begin to feel sleepy. I turned the TV off and headed upstairs to sleep.

Once I laid down I started to hear noises like someone was in the house so I called Derrick.

"Hello" I say into the phone.

"Baby sis what is it I'm kind of busy" He says panting 'eww' I say to myself.

"Derrick I think there is someone in moms house I hear noise downstairs!" I say starting to panic.

"Aaliyah where is mom?"

"She's on a date I think their in the hallway by my bedroom door. Derrick I'm scared can you come here and call Caleb please." I say staring to cry because I'm scared.

"Okay, okay I'm coming." He says and I start to hear shuffling.

I stopped hearing noises "Wait I think there gone" I say getting out bed and walking in the hallway.

"Aaliyah no stay in your room I'm coming." Derrick says frantically.

I was walking towards the stairs then I soon feel arms wrap around me and I struggle trying to get of the grip when something is placed over my nose and mouth.

"Aaliyah!" Was the last thing I heard before it went black.