Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Anti Regin Movement

In Chapter 8, Miyuki and Kitty insulted the King of Kyralia, King Merin during the novice spring intake, making the King nearly blow his top. The King was even more furious with them after hearing that they wished to claim the guardianship of the High Lord. Of course he disapproved of it and Miyuki and Kitty disgraced the Guild further by parading down the streets in slum clothes with a Guild incal.

Everyone was staring at them when they entered the class. They were all forced to wear the horribly ugly robes. Miyuki and Kitty ignored them and went to sit on the best chair.

"Who would be conducting our first lesson?" Miyuki queried Kitty.

"I heard it is a magician called Lord Elben," Kitty replied. Miyuki laughed as she thought out of the perfect nickname to give Lord Elben.

Lord Elben came in and barked, "Miyuki! Kitty! Get off the teacher's chair!"

"Why should we, ELBERT EINSTEIN!"

Director Jerrick came in and glared at them. Miyuki couldn't help but count the strands of hair sticking out of his nose and ears. His head was bald except for the sides, having pulled out most of his hair yesterday.

"Miyuki and Kitty. Stand at the back of the class now unless you want us to resort to the punishment we use for really rebellious students."

Kitty remembered Ah Curry's magic strike, whatever it was. So, for once, they obeyed.

Jerrick: Congratulations. I offer this congratulation not because all of you are gifted with magic talent, but because...

Miyuki: Because you and Ah Curry are getting married! Congratulations! Remember not to invite Rotten to your wedding, or all your food will go rotten!

Jerrick: (breathing hard) Anyway. Do you all know what the most important aspect of magic is?

Regin: Strength, my lord!

Kitty: Hahaha! Strength? You think you're superman or Spiderman? Jelly, stop breathing like that. You sound like you're having sex!

Sonea: Control, my lord.

Miyuki: HAHAHAHOHOHOHEHEHE! Control? Control what? Sexual desires and wanton needs?

Jerrick: (stopped breathing hard and clenched his fist tightly) The answer is knowledge. Without knowledge, magicians cannot...

Kitty and Miyuki: Pull a rabbit out of their hat!

(Jerrick resorted to zipping their mouth with magic)

Jerrick: Some of you have come a long way here and may not return home for another 5 years.

Miyuki: (thinking) Yeah... We came from another dimension.

Jerrick: May the following years be prosperous.

Kitty: (thinking) Prosperous? Are we going to win the lottery or something?

Elben: Everyone, please proceed to the classroom next door. Except Sonea, Miyuki and Kitty who have mastered Control. Now, I want the three of you to light up this candle.

Kitty and Miyuki panicked. What? Light up a candle? There's no way...

"My lord." Sonea said. "I have lighted the candle." Kitty and Miyuki stared in awe at her candle, which was shimmering brightly.

"Very good." Elben said. "Miyuki and Kitty?"

They opened and closed their mouth but no words came out. Elben stared at them impatiently.