Done Some Wicked Thing-13

"I'm not going," Victoria said, despite the fact she was already dressed and all made up. I rolled my eyes and tugged at one of her crossed arms. It hadn't been until we were both ready-and Kelsey too, I imagined-that Victoria began to protest. "I'm not going anywhere with her."

"You know she can hear you, right?" The thick walled and grand hotel was no match for vampire hearing, especially not that of the Family. In such a crowded place it was easy to let all the noise drown out but I suspected Kelsey would be listening in purposefully. My own listening for Kelsey and Erek in their room pretty much confirmed it.

Victoria huffed and sat down on her bed. She looked so much like the bratty young orphan I'd met so many years ago that I almost had to laugh. "I don't care."

"Kelsey isn't so bad once you get to know her. Just give her a chance." I tugged at her am one last time, harder than before, just to prove that I could make her move if I wanted to before giving up and sliding over to the mirror to slip in my earrings.

"I don't think anyone can be that great that you have to get to know them to, you know, not hate them," Victoria mused softly though clearly well aware that Kelsey, as well as her siblings, could hear. That was a risky thing to do and I had to wonder how aware Victoria was of their power. She'd grown far to brave being surrounded by myself and other elder vampires and the powerful witches of London.

Not even, I realised, with talk about the French witches was she worried. Far, far too much bravery. Too much considering how far her own powers had declined over the years and how much of her bravery relied on the presence of others.

Perhaps that wasn't the great witchy influence Autumn needed-perhaps a bit of time with Tanya and Mia would be better. It would be good, too, if she spent some time with wolves as well and with the new council representatives clearly no older than their early twenties...Hopefully spending time with both witches and wolves closer to her age would help the girl relax and except her heritage.

"Just-today, for example, how she was talking to that couple. I hate it. You know I do. That seductive cruel hunting thing you do. And I think perhaps females do it more." I couldn't help bursting into laughter as Victoria spoke. Immediately my mind went to Kare who she'd been flirting with and how seductive and cruel he could be. I didn't dare mention it though, a few spirts of laughter throughout the hotel informing me that Kelsey wasn't the only one listening.

"You've only known a few male vampires-you've only really new a few vampires across gender. Isaac and Edmund don't represent a male populace. Thomas was a dick and nearly every other male you've met you've flirted with. You think they all do that for your lovely personality?" Victoria shrugged taken no obvious notice of her ex-fiancé and glanced at her watch. "It's just the way we hunt."

"You need to go soon."

"Yes, we do," I agreed, opening the door and glancing back at her. "Besides, 'seductive cruelty' was the only power us girls had for a long time. You'd curse us for that?"

"I wouldn't," Victoria said standing up despite herself and heading for the door. "I just think your friend is...like, such a snobby cruel little bitch and-"

"And I've had that exact insult thrown at me." I stepped into the hallway and saw Kelsey walking around the corner towards us. She had that slightly amused and smug grin on her face-a common expression amongst all the Family.

She wrapped one arm around my shoulders and the other around Victoria's pulling her out into the hall, once she was close enough. "We shall have the grandest night, you'll see. And, Victoria haven't you heard how rude it is to judge?"