Chapter 14-Hope is a Waking Dream

Instead of looking at Kelsey or meeting Victoria's concerned eyes I examined the couple. They looked scared-as they should, they'd had enough time to think on the compulsion and be aware something malicious was going on. Add to that the poisonous silence and anyone would have been at the very least uncomfortable, human or not.

The man was older and, at least by my tastes, far less attractive than the woman. She wasn't a real beauty herself with dull eyes and thin lips but he wasn't even of an average level of attractiveness. He was overweight some with pale blotchy skin and hooded eyes. His lips were non-existent and behind them lay yellow teeth. His nose and ears were too big and his cheekbones to shallow. Hardly any feature was necessarily ugly but all together that drew instant dislike within me.

The woman on the other hand had the same olive skin tone as me, but was considerably paler. Her eyes and hair were the same dark brown colour and apart from slight bags under her eyes her skin was essentially flawless.

Looking between the couple I had to wonder what all the fuss was about in the hotel-she could do far better than him and, given how he'd acted, she probably should've been looking elsewhere.

While looking between them I saw his eyes upon me, though, of course, they were nowhere where we had a chance of making eye contact. I tried to restrain my disgust fully aware that if he'd have been a more attractive person I wouldn't have felt it. I'd slept with far worse men, anyway, hadn't I? And the one confidence I'd always had was in my beauty so I could hardly get mad when people noticed.

It wasn't until his hand fell onto Victoria's thigh that I let the disgust take over. Even as I slid around the pole and across to him I was aware my actions were mostly fuelled by my anger towards Kelsey and her siblings but he'd done something that would justify a quick death, even to Victoria.

Planting myself firmly on his lap, I glanced to his wife beside him and then Victoria on the other side who looked beyond thankful when I moved his hand off her thigh and onto my own.

"Well, well, well my lovely," his voice was heavily accented and congested. "I didn't suspect that you would be so forward."

"Oh," I replied, sweet as I could manage, with a smirk. "Once I know what I want I'm incredibly forward. Some might say it's my biggest flaw."

I rolled my hips and he threw his head back with a moan. Too easy. My hand went to his throat before he could realise and he tried to lift his head. Once he realised he couldn't he began to struggle and I dropped my fall weight onto him, grabbing both his hands in my free one and crushing till I heard a loud snap of bone.

"Don't struggle!" I growled, staring into his eyes. Then, with more composure. "Relax. No matter what I do you won't struggle. You will be aware of every bit of pain but you won't be able to make a sound or move a muscle."

As he repeated the words his girlfriend or wife or whatever she was began to tug at my dress and beg. I spun and bared my fangs at her-an effective move which left her paralysed.

Sitting back on the man's lap I stretched and watched the clear terror in his eyes. When I replaced my hand against his throat I dug in, smiling as the little crescent shapes began to ooze blood. With my free hand I pushed against his ribs till there was a satisfying crack which I knew had pierced some organs.

Victoria always carried a knife with her, despite not knowing how to use it properly and her powers. The knowledge made me grin and I dug into her bag, leaning over to reach it on the floor. Once I had he knife I sat back up, my fingers pushed into his neck past the nail. It wouldn't be too long, at that rate, with the internal bleeding before he died.