Chapter 5

I'm taken back to Elizabeth's house and quickly learn she's the governor's daughter. They get me a proper dress and corset and have me try it on. And let me tell you, whoever thought corsets should be worn daily or even at all for that matter, is the legit devil. Soon it's night and one of the maids shows me to the room where I will spend the night and helps me to get changed. I get into bed and the maid puts some hot coals under the sheets at my feet to keep the bed warm. After that it's doesn't take long for sleep to find me. Not long after I'm woken up by canon fire, screams, and shattering glass. I rush to my window to see what's going on and that's when I see it "the black pearl..." I think aloud. I rush to find Elizabeth running into her in the hall by the door. "What are you doing? Hide!" I shout, a knock is heard at the door and a doorman goes to open it "don't!" We shout but we're too late he opens the door and is shot in the head. Elizabeth screams and I run to her to get her hidden not giving myself time to process the events that just transpired right in front of me. "Up there!" One of the pirates yell and they begin to chase us. We run into a room and quickly lock the door behind us. Suddenly we're met with Elizabeth's maid. "They've come to kidnap you!" She says "what?" Elizabeth questions, "you're the governor's daughter." She informs "that's not why they're after her." I state earning questioning looks from both. The sound of pirates trying to open the door causes us to move things along.

"Listen, they haven't seen you. Hide, and the first chance you get, run to the fort. Kate you go with her. " Elizabeth instructs "what?!?" I ask "you saved me today. Now let me do the same for you." She says. I'm hesitant in her request but agree seeing there is no time to convince her to reconsider. Elizabeth runs into the next room a split second before the pirates come storming in. They catch a glimpse of her and go after her. She hits one of them in the head with the metal pan used to hold the hot coals. That's when the maid and I take the opportunity to escape to the fort.

___________

Morning seems to come faster than expected. The towns people are cleaning broken glass from the streets. Officers helping he injured and collecting the dead. Governor swan is not to pleased I left his daughter, so I have promised to do all I can to get her back. So here I stand with the governor, commodore, and lieutenant as they look over maps. After seeing she processes a pice of Aztec gold I try and explain to them where their taking her but they refuse to listen to me. I young man comes running over "they've taken her. They've taken Elizabeth!" He says "me murtogg, remove this man." The commodore says and the guard from yesterday goes to do as he's told. But the hound man removed his arm from the guards grip. "We have to hunt them down. We must save her." He says, finally someone with a brain. He might just be the man I need to find Elizabeth. "Where do you propose we start? If you have any information on my daughter, please share it." The governor says and the man has no answer. "Jack sparrow. He talked about the black pearl. As did she." The guard says pointing to me. "Mentioned it is more what they did." Another guard says, the young man looks to me and goes to say something but I stop him with a look trying to say 'not here'.

"Ask him. Make a deal with him. He could lead us to it." He suggests "no. The pirates who invaded this fort left sparrow in his cell. Ergo, they are not his allies." Commodore says then turns to the governor "governor, we will establish their most likely course..." the young man slams his hatchet into the table cutting off the commodore. "That's not good enough!" He says, I'm tarting to like his kid. He knows what's up. The commodore removes the hatchet from the table "mr turner, you are not a military man, you are not a sailor." The commodore begins. Did he just say his name it turner? "You are a blacksmith, and this is not the moment for rash actions! Do not make the mistake of thinking you are the only man here who cares for Elizabeth." He finishes. Mr. Turner doesn't answer and walks off. I follow after him not give myself a second thought to do otherwise. "Hey, wait up!" I say causing him to stop and turn to face me. "So mr. Turner, you got a first name?" I ask "William." He answers "I'm kate." I say holding out my hand, he sakes it as I say "mind if I call you will?" "I'm sorry but what is it you want?" He asks. "Right, sorry. I want to help find Elizabeth. It's my fault she was taken." "What?" He asks sounding a bit mad at me. "So lets go." I say walking in front of him he follows after me. "Where are we going?" He asks "to see a man about a boat." I answer.