Chapter 7

"Kate?" Will asks grabbing my attention "yeah?" "How was Elizabeth's kidnaping your fault?" He asks. I knew it's been eating away at him I'm surprised it took him this long to ask. "since I don't have a place to stay she and her father let me spend the night at their house. When the pirates attacked they were after her, I did try to get her to safety but she put myself and the maid's safety first. If I hadn't listed to her and gone with her maid to the fort she probably wouldn't have been taken.... I am sorry. I know how much she means to you." I explain. "How could you know how much she means to me?" Will asks I smile "it's quite obvious." I answer. Will is silent then says "I see.... so where are you from?" "That's...complicated." I answer not entirely sure what to say "how so?" He asks "well...." I speak hesitantly. "She's lost her memory." Jack says surprising me "I have not!" I protest "then why is it you woke up on the docks yesterday with no memory of how you got there or what the year was?" Jack asks I go to retort but quickly shut my mouth seeing he has a point. "See love, you've lost your memory." Jack says "ok let's get something strait here. I had gotten back to my hotel the other night after being shot at and watching my research team get slaughtered! I went to bed after finding a box of research I had forgotten about and somehow I woke up on the docks almost three hundred years in the past! So I haven't lost my memory! I don't think I'll ever forget that day!" I shout. The two men stay silent I sigh and walk to the other end of the ship to try and calm down.

Will and jack start up a conversation about something but I don't pay attention. Once we find Elizabeth and get her back I need to figure out a way to get home. Getting to learn jack's story has been my life goal but I never intended to sign up for a pirate adventure. I hear the sound of a sword being drawn and whip my head in the direction of he two men. I run over "put it away son. It's not worth you getting beat again." Jack says "you didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement." Will argues "then it sounds like he beat you. He's a pirate after all." I point out "in a fair fight I'd kill him. "That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, is it?" Jack answers then quickly turns the wheel causing a mast to swing around. Jack and I duck but it hits will. He grabs hold of it and does his best not to fall into the water. "As long as you're just hanging there, pay attention. The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can't." Jack says. Bootstrap, I sometimes forget my ancestry to him even though he's very well known. "But pirate is in your blood, so you'll have to square with that some day. Now, me, for example, I can let you down but I can't bring this ship into tortuga with just the girl. Savvy?" Jack continues "the girl has a name." I say jack looks at me as a cross my arms then turns the wheel and the mast swings back will dropping into the deck.

Jack hold out a sword to will's neck "can you sail under the command of a pirate?" Jack flips the sword so the handle faces will "or can you not?" He asks. Will takes the sword "tortuga?" He says "tortuga." Jack confirms then helps will up. "Now, what about you?" Jack asks me "Your asking me now?" Jack stares at me awaiting an answer. I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn't looking forward to what lies ahead. "Yes. I'm in." I answer.