3

Michael☆ (After school, Jeremy's house)

"You did what?" I laughed, trying to hide the worry in my voice.  Jeremy shouldn't blindly trust someone he just met!  This Squip guy could be dangerous!  He could be a pedophile or a stalker or a serial killer!

Jeremy shrugged, "He said he could make me cool.  He said he made Rich cool! He could make Christine like me!"

"You don't want to end up like Rich.  All those terrible things he's done to you," I tried to reason.

A panicky look crossed Jeremy's face and he stood up from his beanbag.  I'd said the wrong thing.  "I'm so sorry, Jer.  I really didn't mean to."  I reached for his hand but he jerked away from me.

"I just don't want to talk about it."

I didn't like it when Jeremy wasn't smiling his lopsided grin.  If we were dating I could have tickled him and kissed him until he had to be happy.  The gay thoughts are catching up to you, Michael.

I decided to go with the next best thing.  Jokes.  "Well, at least we know he can't do magic like us wizards."

"What are you talking about?"

"The squips from Harry Potter are people that don't have the magical gift, right?" I explained.

Jeremy just looked even more confused until a look of understanding came across his features.  He facepalmed and fell on the floor laughing.  He was laughing so much he had to clutch his side as he rolled around the floor.  As much as I loved to see a happy Jeremy, I still didn't know what was so funny.

"What are you laughing at?"

I waited while Jeremy caught his breath.

"It's squib, you bubblegum dum dum."

"Oh...I knew that," I blushed at my own stupidity.

Jeremy raised his arms, signalling for me to help him up.  I grabbed his wrists and pulled him up from the floor.  He was really light.

"Thanks, Michael," he gave me a high five.

"Any time."

He checked his phone, "Oh, shoot! I'm going to be late!"

He threw on his sweater and backpack, stuffing his shoes onto his feet.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" I watched him as he rushed to get ready.

"No I'll be f-fine," Jeremy sounded slightly unsure.

"C'mon, dude.  I'll just be there to have you back."

"Fiiiiiiine. Just hurry up."

I was buckled in my seat as Jeremy was just getting in the car.

When we got to the mall, we headed toward the Payless.  Jeremy kept looking around nervously like he was doing something illegal.  We were just going to a store.  Nothing suspicious about that.  For now.

Jeremy suddenly stopped walking, sending me colliding into him.  He was pointing at one of the mall security guards, "He's giving me weird looks."

"He's not even looking at you, Jer," I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand so he would start moving again.

We made it inside the store with no other stops.  I quickly let go of his hand and blushed, realizing what I had done.

When he was sure that no one was looking, Jeremy set his bag down and dug out a bulging envelope.  He opened it, revealing all the cash inside.