7

A/n: An update that didn't take a month?! Wow!  Also happy bi week/day!

Jeremy●°▪

Michael always acted...strange when he was high.  Sometimes he acted like a little kid.  The last time we got high at my house he grabbed a laundry basket and held it over his back.   Then, he ran around the house, yelling, "I'm the turtle king!  Feed me leaves!"  He also tried sliding down the stairs in the laundry basket.  He broke my laundry basket.  At these times, he was fun to watch, because whatever he did next was equally ridiculous and unpredictable as the previous time.  I used up nearly half my phone storage just recording High Michael's best moments.

Other times, he would hold animated conversations with imaginary things.  When I came over one day, I caught him holding a therapy session with his sock.

But that was not the weirdest thing he had done as High Michael.  Sometimes he acted flirty.  I knew about Flirty Michael first hand.  I had been the subject of many encounters with him. During these periods, he would spout cheesy pick up lines, and wink so much it looked like his eye was twitching.  But it was just the weed talking.  I knew that Michael didn't really mean all of those things.

This time, High Michael was manifesting as Flirty Michael.  He approached me and put his arm around me.  I imagine the move was supposed to be subtle, but his coordination was completely off,  so he missed me on the first attempt.

"Michael, you're Mom is going to kill you if she hears you got high at school," I warned and slipped out from under his arm.

"At least, if I'm dead, I'll be with angels like you.  You are my heaven."  Michael pulled me in for a hug.

I blushed and then pushed him away gently.  "Whoah there, buddy.  Let's not get too carried away."

"Jewemy?" Michael asked.  "You don't love me?"  He started tearing up.

Crap.  Was he going to cry?  I patted his shoulder awkwardly.  "You're my best friend.  Of course, I love you."

"Really?" Michael asked doubtfully.

"Really." I nodded.

"Prove it." Michael crossed his arms and pouted.

I sighed.  "How am I supposed to do that?"

Michael stroked his non existent beard in thought.  "Who do you love more:  me or Christine?"

I know that I told Squip that I picked Christine, but I couldn't just tell Michael that when he was in this state.  He would throw a fit!

"I love you both the same," I told him.

Michael wagged his finger at me.  "No cheating."

He wasn't making this easy for me.  "I love y-"  The first bell cut me off.  Perfect.  A distraction.

Michael looked back to the school doors.  I picked up my backpack.  "Let's get to class, Mikey."

Michael skipped towards the doors happily.  "I'm going to tell everybody about how much I loooove Jewemy!"

I grabbed his hand and led him back towards a nearby bench.  "Maybe that isn't such a good idea."

Michael sat down, but two seconds later he said.  "Benches are boring.  I'm bored."

An idea came to my mind.  "Hey, Michael?  Do you want to play a game?"

Michael nodded enthusiastically.

"Let's see who can sit on the bench and stay quiet the longest!"

Michael nodded and mimed zipping his lips.