8

A/n:  I've been getting lots of homework lately since I'm taking two high school credit classes :(

Jeremy●°▪

After school, I didn't see Michael.  I feared that he had gotten sent home or maybe even suspended.  I felt guilty and weak abandoning him like that, but I had other matters to worry about at the moment.  Squip had texted me to meet him at my locker for my first daily progress report.  He acted like he had never slapped me.  I almost pitied Rich after all that had happened today.  Could I fire him?  Would he let me fire him?

I waited by my locker, fidgeting nervously.  He finally showed up, wearing that smug look on his face.

"Jeremy Heere, your day has been a complete and disastrous train wreck."

I was starting to get used to these comments.

"You have made today a complete and disastrous train wreck."

It wasn't like he was lying.

"Let's see what you did wrong.  First, you failed to impress Christine, only to throw a fit about appearing as a homosexual.  Second, you skipped class to be flirted with by Michael.   And third, you wore the backpack after I told you not to."

I examined my sneakers.

"What do all of these things have in common?"

"I didn't listen to you," I mumbled.

"Don't mumble," Squip scolded.  "But you are correct.  You didn't listen to me, which is why..."

"Which is why my day was a complete and disastrous train wreck," I supplied.

"Now you've got it!"  It was almost like I was a dog being taught a new trick.

"This entire day has set us behind on my schedule." Squip frowned disapprovingly.  "But not to worry.  I can fix this."

I was silent.

"Make eye contact when people talk to you and for goodness sake, Jeremy!  Stop.  Slouching." Squip prodded my chest sternly.

Squip sighed as I met his eyes.  "As I understand it, your father is going out of town tonight?"

"How do you know that?" I asked, surprised.

"He emailed you nine minutes ago to inform you about his trip." 

"Did you hack my email?!" I gaped at Squip.

"Yes." Squip rolled his eyes like it was an obvious course of action.  "How else am I supposed to know when there are the optimal conditions for a party?"

"A p-party?" I stammered.

"An cool party puts you on the fast track to being less of a loser," Squip explained.

"But how will everyone know?" I asked.  "Not that I'm agreeing to having a bunch of drunk teenagers roaming my childhood home."

"The school's chat forum, of course.  And it's not your place to decide.  Give me your phone."

I hesitated.  "My dad will kill me."

"You didn't ask me to keep you alive.  You told me to make Christine like you."

"I-"

"Jeremy, you need to listen to me.  I made Rich who he is and I can make you into someone better.  Trust me."

I still didn't give him my phone.

"If don't take this chance now,  Christine will never like you."