Chapter One: Rise of the Hero

~3rd Person POV~

The battlefield was devastating. Everywhere you looked, death sat. The Minecraftians lay all dead. Heroes ranging from Adam Skylen to Sam Gladiator, to the Atlantic Craft and Little Lizard Bros lay in the dirt and cobblestone field. Wounds ranging from stab wounds to their limbs being ripped apart. Every death hit the air.

It seemed Herobrine's plan worked. But not for long. Another prophecy has come from Notch himself.

The Overworld has been destroyed,

Herobrine has been overjoyed.

But our time is far from over,

And the King won't fully takeover.

For the heroes shall rise;

And it all starts, when one opens their eyes.

Hero. It is time for you take back your world. It is time for you to kill the King. But you cannot do it alone. Your friends will help you. Find them. Save your world. Wake up Lachlan!

~Lachlan's POV~

I groaned as light filled my vision. It felt like it's been days since I last saw it. I felt like I've been floating in an empty abyss, nothing around me. I could only hear and think. No touch, no sight, no smell.

It is time for you to awaken Lachlan. The prophecy needs to start.

That voice. I've been hearing it for a while now. It's always encouraging me to wake up. Always there. I think I should listen, but it's hard to wake up. But today might be the day.

Using all my might, I pushed open my eyelids to gaze at the forest canopy. Bright blue sky sat above; puffy white clouds drifting slowly through them, like boats on the open sea.

Finally. You have awoken.

The voice said. I groaned as I sat up and leaned against the tree behind me.

"What happened?" I asked quietly. "The last thing I remember was seeing three pairs of eyes then just black."

Herobrine had successfully summoned the King. The King is the lord of all mobs. After Herobrine summoned him, the first thing the King did was knock all of you out. He then rampaged through the Nether. He caused an explosion so big it sent everyone out through the Nether portal. That is where every Minecraftian tried to attack him. They failed. Almost everyone was killed.

Looking to my left, I finally noticed a dragon. It was about as small as a dog, but had three heads. Each head with a different color eye. One red. One yellow. One blue.

"Umm...." I said, growing fearful.

Do not be afraid Lachlan. I am nothing like my father. In fact, I was the one to drag you away from the battlefield.

The dragon said, calming me down. The red eyed head came closer to me, allowing me to pet it's head.

"What is your name?" I asked, petting the other heads as well.

By your people, I am called the Prince.

"Can you continue telling me what happened?"

The war only lasted a few days. Your people had no idea how to kill the King. Most fled to other lands in the sea. But quite a few people stayed. This happened over a year ago.

"Wait! So that means I've...."

Been in a coma for a year. Yes it does. Time travels faster when you are in the land between dead and living.

The news struck a blow. A year has passed since most of my friends had fought the King. I've been gone a year.

"My friends must think I'm dead. Do you have any clue where they are?" I asked, standing up from the ground.

Unfortunately, I have no clue where your friends might be. But we should head out. It is getting close to dark, and the mobs are even more dangerous now that the King is here.

"What do you mean by more dangerous? How can that be?" I asked as we began walking.

Most have been into mutant versions of themselves. They are bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter. We can rest in a village that is nearby. I think you used to call it Lavana?

"But Lavana was destroyed two years ago. How is that even possible?" I asked myself.

I have no idea. Maybe someone set up camp there and started to rebuild it?

"That's a good idea Prince! Show me the way." I said, following behind the three headed dragon.

It is just a few miles from here. We will know when we are close, when we come across a broken down bridge.

"Thanks for the heads up!" I said, throwing my hands in my pockets. "Say, do you know what happened to my weapons and armor?"

Your armor was destroyed when the King caused that explosion. As for your swords, those were destroyed in the lava of the Nether.

"Oh." I said, a little saddened. "Do you know when I can get more weapons?"

You will have to mine for them. Once we get some rest, we will adventure into a mine to find resources.

"I guess that sounds good. But it's kinda sad that I lost them. They were the best weapons I could have." I explained, looking around as the oak and birch trees that surrounded us.

I am sorry I cannot understand. I am a dragon, so I have no use for weapons beside my claws, teeth, and fire.

"Well imagine you can't use those anymore. That's how I feel losing my swords." I said, kicking at a small pebble on the ground.

I see. Look Lachlan! We have neared Lavana. The bridge is just there.

Looking forward, I noticed a broken down, wooden bridge over a fair sized river. Beyond the river, a small town of broken down houses sat still in the setting sun.

"Well, at least we have a place to stay." I said as we crossed the bridge; avoiding holes. 

Yes it is. Now come along, we need to find a house that is not so damaged.

Following Prince, we walked through the abandoned town. Every house we passed was either way to damaged, or had mobs running about in them. After searching for a while, we finally found a house that was mostly intact.

Wait! I smell something inside that house. It smells like a human.

I looked at the house with interest. What if it's one of my friends? I thought as I turned to Prince.

"You can stay here. I'll go check out who is inside." I whispered, getting close to the door.

Alright. Be careful. If it's a mob, then run outside immediately.

Nodding in understanding, I walked up to the door and threw it open. Cautiously walking in, I walked down the corridor and turned the corner. It opened up to a living room, where someone sat on a couch. I stopped as we looked each other in the eye. I smiled happily, as my friend dropped his potted cactus to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ay guys! Welcome to book three! As you can tell, it is based off of I Am Believing created by Lachlan.

Now I'm going to try my best with this. Let's see if I can steetch out this song a bit. My goal for each chapter, is to get over 1000 words. 

Also, the cover is temporary. I will be making my own. I just need to learn how to draw a dragon. :P

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of I Am Believing. And let's see where it goes!

~Mia