Chapter Three: The Pack is Back

"It's good to see you alive." Mitch said as he hugged me tightly.

"Hey listen. I'm sorry about Jerome." I said as we pulled away.

Mitch shrugs.

"It's alright. Jerome would want me to stay strong. Just like he did last year when we got taken."

"Say, how did you get down here?" Preston asked.

"Well, after we were split up and chased away, I ran for quite a while. About two weeks ago, I fell into a ravine somewhere near where Roundstock stood. I've been traveling through the cave system since then." Mitch explained.

"Wow mate. That's a long time to be in the dark." I said.

"Yeah. But I've managed to survive."

"Well, now that you're here, what do you say to a little revenge mission?" I asked, smirking slightly.

"A chance to get back at the King? Hell yeah." Mitch said, smiling.

"Great! Now we just need to get past these mobs." Preston said, looking over the edge.

"Really? How many are there?" Mitch asked as he and I walked to the edge.

Peering over, I could see multiple zombies and skeletons roaming around the dimly lit cave.

"I think we should avoid those MOBS!" Mitch said, yelling as Preston tackled him off the ledge with a laugh.

They both landed to the ground with a groan before looking up at the oncoming mobs.

~3rd Person POV~
A zombie rushed the two on the ground. He leaped into the air to tackle the two but was cut off by Mitch throwing Preston's iron pick into the head of the zombie.

Mitch pushed himself off the ground and caught the zombie as it fell. Throwing it back into the air and chopping it with a double sided axe. The zombie's head flew off, knocking another zombie to the ground.Mitch threw the body, hitting yet another.

Preston quickly got up after that and attacked a zombie who had gotten to close. Preston elbowed the zombie in the stomach before using it's body to propel him through the air; throwing a cactus into it's face as he flew.

Up above on the ledge, Lachlan watched as the two fought. A groan sounded from behind him, causing him to turn and smack the zombie with his diamond pick. Pulling out his freshly made ultimate sword, Lachlan spun around and cut the zombies head clean off before kicking it mid air at another zombie. A zombie tried to tackle Lachlan from behind, but Lachlan was too quick. Lachlan turned quickly and drove his sword straight through the zombie. Using the zombie's body as a shield, Lachlan rushed the creeper; who blew up himself and the zombie body.

Back down below, Preston ducked an arrow as he loaded his bow. Beside him, Mitch ducked as well before throwing his axe at a zombie; effectively pinning it's arm to the stone wall behind it.
Preston shoots an arrow at the skeleton the shot at him; hitting it right in the hand. He shoots another, landing it in the skeleton's head. Preston pulls out a small piece of tnt; lighting it with his hands before tossing it into the mouth of the skeleton.
Mitch runs up to his zombie and grabs it's neck before pulling the head clean off it's neck.

"What do you say we head back up?" Lachlan asks, peering over the edge at his friends.

"We'll be up in a sec!" Preston yelled back, handing a stack of dirt to Mitch before piling his way up; Mitch following behind.

~Back to Lachlan's POV (I can't do fight scenes very well XD)~

"Where'd you get that axe Mitch?" I asked as we made our way back through the cave.