Loosen up

The weekend was going by very slowly and tortured me on its way. It had been two days since I received that text from Jay and now I have to face him tomorrow. That text was messing with my head all weekend and I had no clue of how I should act around Jay. Whatever will be, will be, I thought to yourself.

"Babe!" I hear Josh yell from the couch

"Yeah" I say as I walk in the living room

"Come here" he says and pats the cushion next to him

I smile at him and do so. Sometimes it's easy to forget all about the good qualities your long time partner has.

"You know, I've been thinking... I should come on the tour with you" Josh announces

I freeze.

"Come on tour? You mean with the AOMG crew?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh honey what about your job? Jay wants you to work on his record while he's away"

"What's the matter? You don't want me there?!"

"No! Babe, I'm just saying I don't think it's very professional for you to leave your job and for me to bring my boyfriend on tour with me..."

"Oh so that's what it's about huh?! You don't want your "chaperon" there?!" He starts getting all worked up

"No, Josh..."

"What?! So you can freely flirt with others guys?"

Now I'm truly getting defensive because that hurt.

"Excuse me?! When have I ever done that?! You know you are only pushing me away with that attitude, Josh! I'M NOT. YOUR. PRISONER!" I yell and storm off.

I'm so mad at Josh that moments later I find myself walking around the streets of some neighborhood that's not mine. I just needed some time away to think. Think if all this pressure and jealousy is worth it. Luckily I managed to grab my phone before walking out of the apartment. So I decide to call the only person that could make me feel better and safe at this moment.

*After a few rings*

"Hey betch" Megan answers

"Hey Megan!"

"What's up? you sound upset"

"Yeah, uh... Josh n I just had a fight, it was all so stupid... But I'm walking around this random neighborhood right now and... I don't feel like going back to the house"

"Dude come over to my place, Bella is here too, we'll have a good girl talk, come on"

"Uh.. you sure?"

"Dude, yeah! You want me to come find you?"

"Nah, its ok, I think I remember how to get to your house"

"Ok, see ya in a bit"

"Bye beeetch!" I hear Bella in the background as I'm hanging up. She sounds drunk.

Wow, that actually made me smile a bit and my tears had now dried up completely

When I get there, Megan greets me with a huge hug. And even though I've never been a very touchy-feely girl, at that moment I was really grateful to be friends with those girls.

"You okay?" Megan asks as she closes the door behind her and I walk further into her living room. It was in the middle of the day but, judging by Bella's psychotic smile and run down mascara, they were already drinking.

"Ugh, I don't know" I say as I throw myself on Megan's couch. Bella, who was sitting on the floor for some reason, rubs my knee n gives me a soft comforting smile.