Free at last

It's been about a week of dancing, rehearsing, performing, traveling and no sleep. It's exhausting but I wouldn't change it for anything. I love it.

Things between Jay and I have been going pretty well. We've actually grown quite close to each other over the past few weeks. Ever since our last talk about Josh, he hasn't tried to flirt with me or kiss me again. I can tell he wants to be respectful to me, which I appreciate, but I have to admit.... I miss him chasing me. It's kind of driving me crazy, being now I'm the one that likes him and can't help but stare.

I've had the chance to talk about all of this Josh mess with Meg and the girls, and I have made up my mind. It's time to get it over with. Not for Jay, but for me first and foremost. I just don't want to be attached to Josh anymore by anything. I'm officially breaking it off tonight.

This weekend is the first time, since we kicked off the tour, that we're getting any time off. Tomorrow the whole team is going to a little get together party one of our friends is throwing. It's nothing fancy or crazy, no club stuff, but just some chill time with friends over good music and drinks. I'm exited.

But for now, it's dance rehearsal time! I'm wearing a baggy pair of grey sweatpants with a tank top and my Nike sneakers. My hair is just in a low ponytail. I'm feeling good, but tired. By the end of the session, the girls and I are just so tired that we start goofing around and not paying attention to Ken our choreographer. Poor Ken, he has a lot of patience. It's not easy dealing with us on a Friday afternoon!

Back at our hotel room, Meg and the girls are all pilled on the bed. We're having a chill night in, just us girls. After a quick shower, I put on a bathrobe and get out of the bathroom.

"Okay, I'm ready" I announce

"For what?"

"I'm gonna make the call and break up with Josh"

The girls all look at each other and stay silent for a second.

"Yes!!! Finally!!" they all cheer in unison which makes me roll my eyes but also laugh a little bit

"Okay, wish me luck" I say and walk back into the bathroom wanting some privacy for this

I pull up Josh's number and call it. He answers after two rings.

"Hey"

I hear him inhale deeply before he replies back with the same word.

"Can we talk like adults for once without screaming at each other?"

"Okay..." his voice sounds annoyed

"This isn't working for me Josh..."

"Liz, don't do this, let's talk it out, we can work on it together"

".....I don't love you anymore" I finally say it

He stays silent for a few moments

"Why are you doing this? Are you sleeping with someone else?"

"What?! Did you hear what I just said? That's the reason I'm breaking up with you"

"You're over reacting Liz. Look, why don't I come down there and talk it out"

"Listen to me. I don't know how to say it more clearly, I don't wanna be with you anymore. You're too possessive and I don't like myself when I'm with you."

"It's over Josh"

And with that, I hang up.

I did it. I'm officially free. I can finally be myself now.

I exhale loudly before opening the door and walking out.

"So???" Meg asks as soon as I walk over to them