New School

Ryan's POV:

I didn't even pay attention to whatever the teacher was saying. I kept staring at him. I didn't even know his name, but he was beautiful. He sat across from me, one seat up. He has perfect dark brown hair that fell right into place. His face was buried in a notebook, scribbling words onto the paper like his pencil was on fire.

I was completely beside myself, and apparently Mr. What's-his-face noticed.

"Mr. Ross? Would you care to explain what I just taught the class?"

I stared at the board and tried to figure out what all the numbers and letters meant. I stayed silent, as did the rest of the class.

"Exactly. Please pay better attention at what is going on, will you, Mr. Ross?"

I nodded and scanned the room with my eyes, but my head stayed still.

I glanced at the boy. He was looking back at me. I stared for a second. He gave a tiny smile then returned his focus back to his notebook. That smile was absolutely perfection. His lips, so full and pink. I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to just kiss them.

I was pulled out of my thoughts once again, but this time by the bell. Thank God class was over. I stood up and grabbed my things when I saw the boy rush out the door. "Shit." I said under my breath. "There goes my chance." Just then I was shoved into my desk by a boy with black hair who chuckled with his friend as he walked out of the room. My books slid into the floor on the other side. I pulled myself back up, my side aching, and shoved my things into my bag. I practically ran out the door.

Just when I got out and turned down the hall, I was grabbed and pushed against a locker. The same guys. A boy with jet black, shoulder length hair, and one with brown curly hair. They were easily twice my size in hight and weight together, and could pound me into the locker if they wanted to.

"Where are you going?" The one with black hair grinned in my face. I was silent.

"I asked a question. Answer before we make you." He tightened the grip he had on my shirt and I let out a small whimper.

"Answer the damn question!" The curly haired boy spoke up.

"To the lunch room." I whispered almost quiet enough that he couldn't hear me.

"You got money?" He asked.

By now the hallway was empty, as everyone was in the cafeteria.

I was still silent. I didn't have any money with me, so I prepared for the worst. "No."

"Well then, what are we gonna do Gerard?" The brown haired boy said with a chuckle.

"I guess we gotta teach him, Ray." Gerard replied to the brown haired boy, who's name was apparently Ray.

Gerard started to raise his free fist into the air when someone running down the hallway interrupted him.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on him, Gerard!" The person said. I recognized that voice from class.

I struggled to turn my head to see who it was. It was that boy again. Running down the hallway towards the other two boys and I.

Gerard jerked his head in his direction. "What're you gonna do about it?" He laughed.

He was still running full speed down the hallway towards us. Gerard let go of my shirt and walked towards him, then stopped in the middle of the hallway. About 5 seconds later the boy was on top of Gerard. They were both on the floor and though he had Gerard almost pinned, he took a few punches.

After me being forced to watch the boys fight, as Ray held a tight grip on my shirt now. It ended with the boy up against the wall and Gerard gaining six dollars. Apparently that was enough for him, because he and Ray left us alone after that and walked to the lunch room.

"See ya, faggots." He said as they pushed open the doors.

I was on the ground, curled up into a ball. I was terrified, I had been bullied before, but never like that. I was embarrassed because of the boy seeing me like this. He doesn't even know me but he probably thinks I'm a total loser.

I heard his footsteps get closer to me then felt a hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" He asked in a hushed tone. I waited for a second before lifting my head. He was just sat there, crouching in front of me. It was almost like time stood still. He had beautiful brown eyes. You could get lost in them without even trying.

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm fine." I replied in a slightly louder whisper.

"Good." He replied. "I'm glad they didn't hurt you." Then he shot me a smile. The boy stood up and stretched out his hand to help me up. I took it and was practically pulled to my feet. After stumbling and almost falling on my face, I let go of his hand and leaned against the locker behind me.

"I'm Brendon, by the way." He said, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

"Uh," I stood there for a second longer then replied. "I'm Ryan."

"Nice to meet you, Ryan. Care to join me in the lunch room?" He said, smiling.

I smiled a tiny bit. "I'd like that."