Happily Ever After.

AN (please read!) - Hi. I know this is shitty and I want to make something better in the future (I have plans to) but I just really lost interest and inspiration for this story. I'm making it the best that I can. I'm sorry to disappoint any of you, and I hope you all don't hate me, but this is the last chapter.

~

*time skip*
{Brendon and Ryan have been together for four years. They live in an apartment together with a cat- Captain Knots, and two dogs- Penny and Bogart. Brendon proposed to Ryan a year earlier during a vacation in Paris, on the Eiffel Tower. Ryan said yes.}

~

I stood in the small room, my mother behind me, watching me as I attempted to put the finishing touches on my look. The suit was scratchy, and I couldn't begin to explain how uncomfortable I was - due to the scratchy suit and the stress of marriage in general.

I stood there in front of the large mirror, playing with the one piece of hair that didn't seem to fall into place. Poking my tongue out in concentration, I took a small pair of scissors and cut it off, watching it fall onto the black-stained wood below.

"You look fine, honey." My mother stated from behind me, a wide smile on her face.

"I look like shit." I replied, glancing back at her through the mirror. "I'm a fucking mess."

"Watch your profanity, young man." She laughed softly, coming over and placing a gentle hand on my arm. "You look amazing. Brendon won't mind that you have one hair out of place."

"No, but I mind." I said lowly, tugging at it. "It's going everywhere, and even if it isn't noticeable to anyone else, it is to me."

She laughed again and took a step back, picking up a small white can and looking at me. "Turn around, then."

I nodded and did as she said, covering my eyes with my hands and leaning down a bit, listening as my mother sprayed hairspray all over my head.

"Done." She said after a moment of being poked with a comb and sprayed with sticky air. I stood up and looked at her, smiling softly. She grinned back, looking me over.

"My baby's getting married..." She spoke softly, more to herself than to me. She took my hand and pulled me down slightly, kissing my cheek. "Your father would have been proud to see you today, Ryan."

I fought the urge to scoff. My father had found out that I was in a relationship with another man, and left for good. The last I heard of or about him was after he had already passed.

I just looked into the eyes of my aged mother, smiling softly like I usually did, and otherwise blankly. She looked back, and I could tell she was fighting tears. I wrapped my arms around her gently, hugging her and kissing her cheek, just standing there for a moment in silence.

After the embrace ended, she took a deep breath as an unfamiliar face popped in the door. "Two minutes, Ryan."

"Okay." I responded softly, still holding my mother's hands in my own.

I took a deep breath, looking down at my feet then back at her. "Is it okay to be scared?"

"Of course." She smiled sweetly. "Everyone is scared for change."

I nodded simply. "Okay."

She squeezed my hands reassuringly, running her cold thumbs over my knuckles. "We should get you out there. You don't want to be late on your big day."

"Okay." I smiled.

She smiled back, keeping a gentle grip on my hand and walking me out the door. It felt like my eyes were closed the whole time. I didn't really even see what was going on around me until we were standing outside the large doors of the area where it was all being held and I heard the music start playing from inside.

I immediately snapped my gaze down to my mother, who smiled and told me to go in. I took a deep breath, hugged her, then opened the door, walking inside and seeing everything.

The people, flowers and lace everywhere, the officiant standing what seemed to be miles away from me...

And then Brendon. Standing next to the officiant who was miles away, beaming as he looked at me.

I could feel my legs moving... I knew I was walking, but I didn't seem to be getting anywhere... It was all a blur until I was standing next to the love of my life, him looking at me with a wide smile, which I tried my best to return.

Then the officiant started speaking. It felt like he spoke for weeks before anything actually happened. He spoke, then Brendon spoke, then I spoke, then he spoke again, then again with Brendon and I, and then...

"You may now kiss."

It was magical.

He placed his hands gently on my waist, leaned in and closed his eyes, and kissed me softly. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I kissed back for what seemed like forever. It made time sit still. Brendon and I kissed often, but this kiss was different than any other we had shared. It meant so much more than any other kiss...

I smiled as we pulled away, our family and friends clapping from somewhere distant, I couldn't tell... The only thing I could see was Brendon, my beautiful husband.

"I love you so much." He said softly, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you so much too." I beamed, burying my face into his neck.

He held me for a moment before pulling away and looking at me, cupping my face and running his gentle fingers over my skin. He giggled softly as he looked at me, smiling widely.

"What?" I spoke softly, biting my lip.

"You're blushing, Ry." He chuckled.

"Shut up."

~

The End...

Hello, yes, I give you full permission to hate me forever... I promise I'm going to eventually make more Ryden! Please forgive me for just ending this but yeah... :/

I hope this was enjoyable.

I'll be back with more stories. For now I'm going to keep my attention on Under The Mistletoe.

Much love to you.

So long and goodnight.