Adventures

"So where are we going?" I asked as we walked down the sidewalk into town.

It was warm today, but it was dry. It was comfortable, especially with Brendon walking next to me.

"Somewhere," He smiled widely.

"Okay," I smiled. "I'm trusting you."

"That's all I ask, Ryro." His smile grew and he showed his teeth, then put his arm around me and gave me a quick side hug. I felt my cheeks get warm.

We walked in silence for a while before Brendon's hand brushed against mine. I blushed as he looked over at me, smiling. I looked back. It was a small smile, but it was so damn cute.

"You're blushing, Ry."

I looked away from him. "Shut up."

Brendon shook his head, still smiling, and looked at his feet.

Once we got farther into town I kept looking at all the storefronts.

A butcher, bakery, little odd stores all over the place.

"Where are we going, Brendon?" I asked again.

"Don't sorry about it." He looked at me and gave a small smile. "We're almost there."

"Okay." I smiled back, looking around. I had never really been in this part of town. It was beautiful, though.

She we got to wherever we were going I didn't notice because I was looking at some piece of clothing in a store window. I almost ran into a car.

Brendon laughed and led me inside. Turns out it was a small café in the middle of town that I hadn't noticed before. The immediate smell of freshly brewed coffee was almost overwhelming. It was a pleasant smell though. I wasn't the least bit complaining.

We sat in a booth by the window. It was quiet apart from the conversation around us.

Brendon was sat opposite of me, our feet almost touching. It was cool inside but the sun coming in through the window made it warm on my pale-ish skin.

I was admiring the details of the cute little shop when a lady who looked to be about in her forties came up to our table.

"Well if it isn't Brendon Urie!" She smiled widely and glanced over at me. "And you brought a friend!"

The lady was kind of heavy-set, not too much so but she was round-ish. It suited her, though. As if she was meant to be made that way. She also had a strong New York accent, I liked it.

"Yes, hello, Miss B." Brendon smiled. And looked over at me. "And this is my friend Ryan."

"Well, nice to meet you, Ryan." She smiled again. "I'm Miss Berkskamper, but everybody who knows me called me Miss B. and with you hangin' around Brendon here you're probably gonna get to know me pretty quick." She laughed. "He's a regular here!"

Brendon chuckled and smiled. "Yeah," he glanced over at me before looking at the menu. I decided to do the same.

I flinched and snapped my glance upward when Miss B. spoke."What'll that be for ya today, honey? The usual?"

Miss B. had a pretty loud voice.

"Yes, please, and a coke." Brendon smiled as he spoke.

"Alrighty then," Miss B. nodded my way. "And you, hun?" She smiled widely.

I looked at the menu. It was about 10:45 in the morning, so breakfast. "Just some pancakes, please." I smiled.

"Okay then," she scribbled on her notepad. "I'll get that to you in a few." She smiled widely again and left.

I looked at Brendon across the table. He looked back and smiled.

"So, what do you think?"

I glanced around the small-ish café and smiled. "I like it,"

"Good." Brendon looked down at his hands which were rested on the table in front of him.

It was so sweet that he had taken me here. It was almost like a date.

Before I knew it our food was here. Turns out Brendon's 'usual' was eggs, sausage, and pancakes with a bowl of fruit. I looked at his plate then back to mine, which was noticeably much smaller, though I was pretty hungry.

We began eating in silence, me picking at my food and Brendon practically inhaling his.

Brendon may have been a fairy skinny kid, but he could eat.

When we were done, Brendon paid for both of our meals, despite my many protests.

"It's fine," he said. All I could do was nod and let him pay for my food. I wrote the price on my hand-

$11.68

As we walked out of the café Brendon waved a goodbye to Miss B. and walked with me to wherever we were going. Once again, brendon wouldn't tell me.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

We ended up walking all over town. Window shopping, stuffing ourselves full of candy, trying on funny hats at this old clothing store, we had a lot of fun. I didn't want it to end.

My mom ended up texting me to tell me she had 'gotten called into work in New York' and wouldn't be back until Sometime next week. That was fine by me, I had the house to myself. My dad had, to my understanding, just left.

On the way back to my house Brendon and I didn't talk much. He said his mom doesn't five him a curfew and be could stay out as long as he wanted, since it was about to be summer.

"She just wants me to get good grades," he explained.

"Your mom sounds really cool." I said.

"Eh, she's okay. She's so by-the-book though." He sighed. I left it at that, and we walked in silence the rest of the way.

"Shit, Brendon." I said as we walked in the front door.

"What?" He asked.

"I forgot about Gerard," I sighed. I felt suddenly bad all over.

"Don't sorry about him, just tell him you got sick or something." Brendon smiled. "I'm sure he'll understand, Give him a chance, right?"

I nodded. "Right."

Brendon looked down at his feet. "We should rest." He looked up at me. "Can I stay another night?"

"Sure, whatever." I shrugged. "You could stay here until my mom gets home, ya know."

He nodded and pulled out his phone to tell his mom, I was guessing. "Cool."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

HELLOOOOOO

Soooo... yay chapter! I dunno how often I'll be posting with school starting next week (UGH) and homework and shit...

GOSPEL TOUR IS TOMORROW WHAT IM SO FUCKIN HAPPY!!

{shameless self-promotion}

Instagram: @fallingboys_and_panickeddiscos

Twitter: @heaven_help_us_

Vine: Band Gifs

So yeah follow me if you want, I post band shit.