Chapter 1

~Eliza's pov~

"How could he do this to me. I leave for 2 months and he starts an affair. Is this somehow Gods way of punishing me, what have I done to deserve this?" I say threw all the tears, god I feel like a mess. I look at the love letters on the desk and the candle lighting the room in a yellowish glow. I grab the letters in my left hand and he candle in my right, and start burning away all the memories, all the lies. I think I understand what Angelica meant when she said he will never be satisfied. Once the letters are burned I slip off my wedding ring and throw it as far as I can out the window. From now on I'm not married and my name is Eliza Schuyler. He doesn't deserve me and now he'll pay for all the hurt he's caused me. He can sleep in his office for all I care, he doesn't live here anymore. Besides I pay for everything around here 'his money' is really my family's money. Then I see Philip out of the corner of my eye. "Go back to bed, Philip." I say with a motherly tone. I put out the fire and decide to go to sleep myself. In the morning I'll confront Hamilton, I need to meet this woman to get some closure. To get the full truth. I don't blame or hate this woman for what she did or for our divorce. No I blame him for all of it, he said he loved me he said I was his only love, forever. All lies.
____________________________ Hey guys I'm really bad at making long chapters and having a posting schedule.