Chapter 2

I'm awoken by they faint light of the sun shining through the curtains. I quickly get dressed and rush downstairs. I make the kids some breakfast and then rush to Hamiltons office. I see him talking to Mr. Burr. "Alex. Get over here. Now." He looks frightened at first but reluctantly walked towards me. "Explain to me why you cheated." "Eliza she courted me, asked me to walk her home told me her husband was beating her." I was furious. He's an idiot, I married a complete idiot. I may seem nice but I can be really terrifying when I want to be. "WHAT! YOU'RE TELLING YOU WERE TRYING TO HELP HER BY SLEEPING WITH HER! ARE YOU AN IDIOT?! DONT YOU THINK YOU COULD HAVE HELPED HER ANY OTHER WAY! YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THAT POUR YOUNG WOMAN!" He was speechless (for once). He looked like he was about to cry. "WHERE DOES SHE LIVE?" I screamed still angered by his actions. "one block north of the house....." I stormed out of their furious. When I approached the house that I assumed was Miss. Reynolds home, I knocked a patently wait for an answer. Then I heard footsteps and probably the most beautiful woman I had ever seen opened the door. "Hello?" "Uh...Hi are you Maria Reynolds?" "Yes. And who are you?" "I'm Elizabeth Schuyler." She froze a stunned look on her face. "Miss. Schuyler?! Hamiltons wife?" "Ex-wife." I corrected. "I'm terribly sorry to bother you but do you mind telling me your side of the story. I understand you were abused by your husband." "Um....yes. Oh I'm so rude, why don't you come in Miss Schuyler." "Eliza, please." She looked surprised I'm guessing she wasn't expecting me to be so kind to her. "Of course. Would you like some tea?" "No thank you." I said politely. She sat on the couch and I sat next to her, I noticed she had these deep chocolate eyes. They were very beautiful, she was very beautiful. "So tell me about it." "Well I was being beaten by my husband and he made me do it he threatened to take my daughter away from me." "Where's your daughter now?" "Upstairs sleeping." I nodded thinking about my own children if I was in the same position. To be honest I probably would have done the same thing. "Well what about your husband. Won't he be coming home soon?" She looked distant. Off in her own world. "Yes." "Well if you don't want to stay here you can come stay with me." "Really you would do that. We just met." "Of course. So?" "Thank you." Maria went to go pack her things and I waited downstairs. We walked back in silence. When we got to the house we were greeted by Philip and Angie. "Philip, Angie this is Maria Reynolds. Please treat her with the most respect. She will be staying with us for a while." I then showed Maria to our spare bedroom. "Thank you so much Eliza I'm so grateful." "No problem. Dinner will be served soon. Make yourself at home." I walked downstairs and started preparing dinner. How can someone be that beautiful? I try to clear my mind but all I can think about is Maria.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why am I up it's like 3 in the morning.