Chapter 7

Look I'm finally updating lol

Eliza pov

I woke to the sound of children laughing and the smell of bacon. I brushed my hair and walked down stairs in my night gown. There were children running everywhere. Honestly, this was the best part of being a mother, seeing happy, healthy children.

I entered the kitchen to find Maria cooking breakfast. It smelled delicious and my mouth was watering just at the smell. Maria was wearing a simple red dress and her beautiful curls were covering her shoulders. "Good morning, Maria. Looks like you beat me to making breakfast." I laughed a little and was blushing slightly.

"Well I thought I make you and your family breakfast since you're letting me stay with you, it's the least I could do." She had finished cooking and started shuffling around. "Um where do you keep the plates and sliver wear?" She looked a bit embarrassed and her face was becoming red.

"Plates are in the cabinet above the stove, and sliver wear in in the drawer by the sink. Here let me help you." I began grabbing the plates and setting the table while she set the forks and knives. "Thank you for breakfast by the way." I had realized I hadn't properly thanked her.

"Like I said, it's not a problem I want to help as much as possible." She had a soft smile on her face and she looked at peace. We put the food on the table and called the kids into the dining room.

As tradition, I said grace before we ate. "Dear holy father in heaven thank you for this delicious food and that we may be so fortunate to have all we do. Thank you for gracing us with Maria and her daughter and that they be watched over by you. Amen." Everyone started eating and making small talk. I had to remind William to use his table manors several times. Philip told us how he had purposed to Miss Burr. "Philip, did you ask Mr. Burr for her hand?"

"Theo didn't want me too. She said that her father would most likely not give his blessing do to his and pops history together." He stared down at his plate not making eye contact with me, knowing I'd disapprove of such a thing. My sisters had eloped, their husbands never asking for their hand in marriage, it broke my parents hearts especially Angelica, after she eloped she ran away to England. Though I wanted to, I didn't say anything on the matter. Philip looked hurt enough.

~Time skip~

After breakfast Philip and Angie helped Maria and I clean up the dishes and food. I began washing the dishes like I do after every meal. "Would you like me to help?" Maria asked eager to help.

"No it's fine you cooked now I'll clean. You go relax. There's a library down the hall if you'd like." I said. She simply nodded and started to walk do the hall.

Whelp I posted finally it's not that great and it's kinda slow but eh it's fineeeeee