Chapter Tweleve

Zaira

Somehow, despite my stammered protests, I ended up participating in this character idea of the crazy girl’s. Which meant that not long after her declaration I found myself standing outside while , for some reason unknown to me, we were filming a movie. What changing the host club’s characters had to do with  filming a movie, I wasn’t sure, but I wasn’t about to question it. The sooner we got done with this, the sooner I could go home.

The only good side I could see to this is that after hearing that I played, Renge had demanded the twins give me back my violin to use as a prop. In my first scene I was to merely talk to Tamaki, but later we were to have a scene where we played music together and the violin would be involved. The script that had been handed out was rather easy to memorize, my brain took it in almost as easily as it took in music. Almost, I did have to read it over more than just one time, after all.

Needless to say, while I watched the others act out their parts in front of the camera, I simply stood there with the violin case clutched to my chest, hoping that by some stroke of luck I’d be told I wouldn’t have to perform once the twins and Tamaki had finished their current part.

“...I envy you.. you have somebody to support each other…” Tamaki murmured, his voice just loud enough to picked up by the camera over the sound of the fake rain.

“Souh-senpai…” the twins said together as they looked up at him.

One of them was laying in the arms of the other, seeing as this scene was supposed to be a continuation of the scene they’d  just shot in the gymnasium of them playing basketball.

“But Souh-senpai is the idol of the institute…”

“Idol…” Tamaki repeated, then gave a humorless laugh under his breath as he tossed his head back. “I’d prefer being alone to being praised just for my appearance.”

And that was my cue.

Stepping forward, I winced as I was instantly drenched by the fake rain. Why did it have to be raining like that?

“S-souh-senpai!” I called out, carefully studying the ground as I’d been told to do.

“Bello-san?”

“You… you could come with m-me,” I got out, frantically pulling the lines to the front of my mind. Despite the fact that I’d memorized them beforehand, I could feel them coming out more rushed and stumbled than I had planned. “I d-don’t c-care how you l-look, I j-just want to h-hear you p-play.”

Then, much to my relief, Renge decided to cut over to the scene with Honey, Mori, and Haruhi. Not wasting a moment I darted away from the fake rain and took my more comfortable position near Kyoya. When I studied his expression, though, I found that instead of watching the scene going on, he was looking at me with something resembling amusement.

“Aren’t you a performer?” he asked me lightly.

I frowned, still clutching my violin case.

“Yes, but not this kind of performance!” I replied with annoyance. “What’s with that girl?”

Kyoya’s face actually twisted into a smile.

“You’re not stuttering and you’re even complaining. Maybe being around the Host Club will be good for you.”

My face turned red as I looked away from him, the case in my hands drawing my attention a moment later.

“My case! It’s wet!”