Part 5

You walked sleepily towards the kitchen to grab a bottle of water or maybe make some coffee, you'd make up your mind when you got there. You ran your hand through your hair, tousling it further.
Yawning, you stepped into the kitchen, the tile sending a shock through you, cold against your bare feet.
You eyes widened and the idea of making coffee was erased from your mind in a heartbeat. Standing in front of the fridge was a shirtless Taehyung and holy shit did you enjoy the view. His tan back was beautiful and you resisted the urge to lightly trace his shoulderblades. The last time you'd seen Taehyung shirtless had been when the two of you were ten and had gone swimming. Time had been good to him.
He turned suddenly, perhaps sensing your presence. He smiled at you, moving out the way to allow you to reach the fridge.
Your breath caught and you felt a blush creeping onto your cheeks. You quickly walked to the fridge, hoping your change in demeanor would go unnoticed. You had never thought of Taehyung as anything but your best friend so why were you entertaining the idea that he could be more to you now? Surely you weren't shallow like that?
"Did you sleep well?" you mumbled, your head in the fridge.
You heard him chuckle and you grabbed a water bottle, closing the fridge to face him.
"Yeah. Your brother's floor is very comfortable," he joked.
You laughed.
"You know we have a couch right?" you asked, pointing in its direction.
"Of course I know that. Your brother insisted I sleep in his room. I think he's paranoid that we'd try something," Taehyung said, shrugging.
"I'm sorry Tae," you whispered, shaking your head.
He walked towards you, enveloping you in a hug. His head rested on top of yours as you wrapped your arms around him, pulling him closer. You still felt guilty about the night before.
"Hey, let's do something fun. If Jimin wants to come with us to 'supervise' then he can, but I can't stand seeing you like this," Taehyung said, pulling back.
You smiled sadly and nodded.
You hadn't heard Jimin walk into the kitchen but he made his presence known when he cleared his throat, leaning back against the kitchen island and looking at the two of you, an eyebrow raised.
"What's up you two?" he asked, not moving.
"We were just talking," you said, pulling completely away from Taehyung and glaring at your brother.
Taehyung nodded, turning towards Jimin.
"Yeah. I think we should all do something fun today. I'm not sure what yet... but something," Taehyung said.
Jimin nodded thoughtfully.
"I have a game today at three but we can definitely do something before that," he replied.
The kitchen was silent as the three of you thought of what to do. Your mind was blank and it seemed so was everyone else's.
Taehyung chuckled slightly.
"I guess we could stay here and watch movies."
"I could cash in my rain check right now I suppose," you replied, smiling at him.
The two of you looked at Jimin, who simply shrugged, a smile pulling on his lips.
"Sounds good to me. How does popcorn for breakfast sound to the two of you?"
"You two really don't have to come to the game. I'm sure there's better ways to spend a Saturday," Jimin said as you and Taehyung found seats in the front part of the bleachers.
"Not really. We're kind of burned out on movies," you replied.
Jimin shook his head before the coach called him back to the dugout.
You and Taehyung found your seats, ironically sitting next to the two girls you'd been next to during the last game. Taehyung laughed at your expression as you realized who you were sitting by.
"I'll switch with you if you want," he offered.
"I don't know... do you want to hear about how cute Jimin's butt looks?" you joked.
Taehyung pretended to think.
"I don't think I need them to tell me. I saw it plenty last night so I can validate their statements," he replied, wiggling his eyebrows and earning a punch on the arm from you.
"I don't want to hear about how 'cute' my brother's butt is. Switch with me so you can gossip about it," you smiled, standing up. Taehyung slid over and you sat down on the other side of him.
Jimin hadn't said a word to Jungkook since he'd arrived. Not that Jungkook expected anything different. He wasn't surprised at the cold shoulder he was receiving. What he was surprised about was that the other boys on the team seemed to be on Jimin's side, leaving him alone and unhappy.
In some ways, he guessed he deserved the treatment he was getting. He'd blatantly disrespected Jimin, though in his defence, Jimin didn't have any right to say who you could and couldn't date.
Date.
Did he really just think that? He knew he wasn't good when it came to relationships. When things seemed too good or too comfortable, he panicked and messed everything up. He didn't mean to always mess things up, but he did and it had earned him the reputation of being a fuckboy.
In some ways, he supposed he was a fuckboy. He enjoyed playing games and flirting with girls. But you were different...
"Jungkook! Are you even listening to me?" the coach barked at him.
Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts.
"Uh, sorry coach," he mumbled, shuffling his cleats.
"We have to win today boys. If you aren't performing well today- stop snickering you know what I mean- you'll be benched," the coach explained, looking at the roster in his hands.
"Starting lineup is posted on the fence. Let's do well today boys!"
Jungkook slammed his gym locker shut. He was the only one left in the locker room after having had to talk to the coach after the game. He knew he hadn't played well, he didn't need the coach to tell him that. The coach had already benched him and made him do the books by the time the second inning had rolled around. That was the ultimate embarrassment.
He slammed his hand into his locker in frustration, grabbing his stuff and heading towards the showers. He was acting childish and he knew that. But it wasn't only the team he had performed poorly in front of. He had also performed poorly in front of you. He'd watched your face drop in disappointment and even pity each time he messed up and he couldn't handle it.
Twenty minutes later, he stalked out of the locker room only to find you leaning against the wall beside the door.
He nearly dropped his bag in surprise.
"Who are you waiting for?" he asked roughly.
"You, actually," you replied calmly as he walked around to face you.
He scoffed.
"You're actually alone? No brother? No little puppy following you around?"
He was suspicious, to say the least.
"Well, the brother went home and the puppy is waiting outside to give me a ride home... unless I text him and tell him I don't need one," you said.
Jungkook was a little shocked at how suggestive you were being. Yet he couldn't' deny he enjoyed it.
You watched as Jungkook set his bag down and walked towards you, his hands finding your hips and pinning you against the wall. You reached up and wound your arms around his neck, your fingers playing with his wet hair. You pulled him closer to you, kissing him lightly before he pushed against you, closing all the space between the two of you and kissing you roughly.
You moaned slightly and you felt his hands tighten on your hips. He ground against you and his teeth nibbled your bottom lip, asking for entrance.
You parted your mouth slightly, allowing his tongue to slip in. The kiss deepened and you found yourself getting more worked up, grabbing at Jungkook's hair in vain attempts to pull him closer to you. You needed more, but not in the school hallway.
Jungkook pulled back suddenly, his eyes dark with lust. He stepped away from you, running a hand through his damp hair as he leaned against the wall across from you.
Out of breath you asked, "What? Why'd you stop?"
Jungkook shook his head.
"Your brother is already pissed at me. I- I don't want-"
You cut him off, stepping close to him and placing your hands on his chest.
"What Jimin doesn't know won't hurt him."