A Whole New World

"Looking sharp, Eric." Artie said as they got out of the car and looked at the building.

"Thanks Artie. I got a big feelin' about this." Eric spoke then they headed in, Artie went to the elevator and Eric went to scope the scene. Eric huffed and saw two people arguing, they walked of and he saw a man staring at an exhibit and saw his bandaged finger.

"Crap." He sighed then saw the wire on the woman's ear, he walked up to her and smiled.

"Eric Lawson, Secret Service." He held out his hand with a charming smile.

"Myka Bering, Secret Service. Have we met before? I don't recognise you." She asked shaking his hand with a confident expression.

"No, I was transferred to this case due to my...expertise." He said, well he wasn't lieing.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Agent Lawson." She said, he nodded then looked back to the exhibit, he saw a man take it and go to the back.

"Shit." He muttered and went after the agent, he took out his Tesla and followed, the agent ended up slipping and rolled over to Artie, Eric ran over to him and put on the goggles from the case.

Artie got down with his purple gloves and took out a stone from the neutraliser bag and the agent took out his gun.

"Drop that." He said and the two men looked up at him.

"What ever it is." He continued but Eric smirked.

"Can't do that Pete." Artie said and flipped down the goggles while Eric did the same and put on a pair of the purple gloves. Pete looked at the pair in shock then Artie put the piece in, a bright light being brought in and the mouth closed, they put the stone safely in the case and left before Pete could recover.

~~~

Artie gave the bloodstone to Leena so she could get a reading on it so it would be placed properly and not cause any trouble.

Eric was a tall, muscular man with wavey dark hair to his jaw line, whilst Artie was shorter and larger with short, black curly hair and a gotee.

"Maybe it should go to the dark vault. One touch and you're a rock head's stooge." Eric said and sait on a chair.

"Well, let's hope it won't come to that." Artie said with a chuckle and Eric smirked.

"Well it looks like you have everything under control agents." A woman with dark skin in white and creme plaid dress and jacket spoke.

"Mrs. Fredrick." Artie spoke and they sat up straight.

"Those two people. Lattimer and Bering, will be working at the Warehouse." Mrs Fredrick said and Eric rose a brow as Artie frowned.

"Mrs Fredrick, all due respect but, are you sure we want them working for the Warehouse?" Eric said and Artie gave his underling a look.

"Yes...yes I am." She said and Eric nodded.

"Okay. Cool." Eric stood then put the book back on the shelf.

"I'm heading to Leena's, you want me to pick anything up while I'm in town?" He asked, more towards Artie.

"Uhh...cookies, are fine." He said and Lawson gave them a smile before leaving. The two looked at each other in shock and confusion.

"I thought he'd hate new people." Artie said.

"As did I." Mrs Fredrick said and pulled out her Farnsworth and opened it to Leena.

"Mrs Fredrick." Leena spoke.

"Leena. I want you to look out for Eric's aura, I'm worried about him." Fredrick ordered and Leena nodded.

"Of course Mrs Fredrick. I'll notify you immediately." She said and Mrs Fredrick closed the two way communicator.

• • • • • •

After coming from the market, Eric drove back to the B&B and parked the car. He took the crates inside and smiled at Leena.

Leena was a very kind woman, brown frizzy hair above her shoulder, hazel eyes and flawless light brown skin with voice like honey.

"Hey Eric. Thank-you for doing the food run for me." Leena smiled as he set them on the counter top.

"Nah, no big deal Leena." Eric smiled, showing his pearly whites and Leena gave him a look.

"What was that?" Eric asked, putting the milk in the fridge along with the eggs.

"Nothing." She smirked then muttered something under her breath as she put something in the cupboard.

"See- just then, what'd you say?" He smiled and got up to stand behind her. She turned around with a smile and looked into his eyes.

"You're a flirt." Leena Said​ and he cracked up laughing.

"No...no I'm not." He said and she gave him a look.

"Yes...yes you are." She said and hugged his middle and he hugged her shoulders. Leena and Eric were the perfect example of sibling goals. Ever since they met, they went from acquainted to friends to soul brother and sister.

"You know what else I think?" She asked.

"Oh, what would that be?" He smirked.

"I think you're full of it." She said and they laughed, then they started running after each other, content smiles on their faces.