S01E01 | America's Attic

S01E01

It was the morning and Eric had driven to the Warehouse, seeing two cars in front. He frowned and walked in through the white corridor, scanned his eye and saw Artie with two others.

'Must be the new agents.' He thought.

Artie walked in and they saw Eric.

"You." Myka glared.

"Me." Eric smirked.

"I saw you, last night at the museum." Myka raised her voice.

"Well, if it helps, I wasn't lieing. I was transferred into the Secret Service." He shrugged and Pete nodded.

"Uhhh. Pete Lattimer and you are?" He asked.

"Eric Lawson. You must be Myka Bering." Eric smirked.

"Tell me exactly, what I'm doing here." Myka demanded to the short man as he took off his jacket.

"Well, exactly it's alittle diff- uh, yeah, well, to put it plainly, you're joining me as fellow gatherers and protectors of secrets." Artie explained.

"Put it plainer." She demanded then Eric stepped in.

"Well, this Warehouse needs you guys. Pete, don't touch that." Eric said when Pete wandered to an object.

"It needs your combined talents. I mean, he's intuitive and you've got a scrupulous eye for detail. These scatter shots are particulous, you look, he leaps." Artie put it as plain as he could and Eric saw Pete with his head at the glass, waving.

"Look, there's been a mistake here, I'm too valuable, to be wasted here." She says and the they look at Pete. "No offence." She say and he stands up.

"Of course not." Pete brushed it off.

"Can I use your phone please?" She asked.

"Mine? It's, broken." Artie said, with his hand to his mouth, thinking.

"Well, I have to make a phone call." She says and takes out her mobile.

"There's no signal here." Artie says and Myka looks at Eric.

"We take the Secret part seriously." He nodded and she huffed, stormed off, whacking her bag on the desk and headed for the door.

"Yea- ye- yeah, just pull the door and you'll be- now." He pressed a button on a small remote and the door unlocked, letting her leave. "There you go." Artie raised his brows.

"I think she had other plans." Pete pointed his thumb to the door.

"So did I." Artie said after a long exhale and walked upto Pete, looking at him intensely.

"Do you want juice, or are you a milk person?" Artie broke the silence and Pete smiled.

"You know what I'd really like?" Pete asked but Eric cut him off.

"Oh yeah, but falling off the wagon may not the best option at this point." Eric said and there was a pause.

"Uh-" Pete started.

"Milk it is." Artie turned.

"Yeah." Pete said and picked up a photo. "That's Mrs. Fredrick." He pointed at the middle.

"Long, long time ago." Artie said, putting emphasis on long.

"She looks exactly the same." Pete said in shock.

"Odd, isn't it?" Artie asked, holding out a plate of cookies and a glass of milk, Pete took a drink. "What, you don't want a cookie?" Artie asked.

"Yeah." He said, taking one of the baked goods. "Okay, so who are these guys?" Pete asked.