S01E01 | New Agents, New Case

S01E01

Part Two of Three

I had woken up, later than usual, I got ready and walked down stairs and outside, the new recruits were with a folder and Artie looked at me, I turned back but a hand tugged me outside. Leena had pushed my bag into my arms and Artie nodded.

"Bering and Lattimer, you will be overwatched by agent Lawson since it is your first day in the artefact business." He said to them and I sigh, looking at Leena.

"I packed you Breakfast, lunch and some other things to keep you going." Leena said, and I smiled, Myka and Pete got up to leave and I started to leave but walked back to kiss Leena on the head and pat Artie's shoulder.

"Hey, you and...you and Leena?" Pete asked with a smirk, but I shake my head and drop my small smile.

"No." I say and walk faster to my car, I set the GPS and started driving to Seever City, Iowa, haven't been there in a long time to be honest. We got out of the car and met with the sheriff to the police station.

"Well, I had the FBI in here a while ago on a suspected terrorist thing. All egos out to here and all looking like they're wearing daddy's suit." The sheriff spoke, and I nodded, understandable.

"Well, we feel the same way." Pete explained.

"Let me know if the thing's going federal so I can prepare my staff for the media."

"It's not going federal.

We just have a few questions and then we're gone." Myka said then looked at her phone. "It's Dickinson."

I rose a brow at this and folded my arms.

"We'll just be a sec." Pete said, and I nod, waiting for the two. I used my ear piece to tap into the call, it was Dickinson, lucky for me I can record the whole thing...he was going through subjects that I didn't like, so I broke up the call and headed inside.

- - - - -

I watched behind the two-way mirror, Myka had started the recording and Cody spoke up.

"What kind of questions?" He asked.

"They're sort of diagnostic." Pete answers.

"Diagnostic.

Like I'm sick?" Cody asked sarcastically. "You're Secret Service doctors?"

"No. Question number one. Have you recently encountered something that you feel has affected your life?" Myka asked.

"Something like what?" Cody pushed.

"An object of some kind." Pete said and the teen looked to his hands.

"Do handcuffs count?" He asked, attitude leaving his voice.

"No. Question number two. While looking up, do you have the sensation of falling?" Myka read, having no sympathy in her voice, he just spaced out and stared down at the table, which I found odd...in normal standards that is.

"Cody?" Lattimer called and he snapped out of the small trance.

"I don't feel like I'm falling...Next question." Cody said.

"Okay, question number three.

Have you recently smelled something that could best be described as...fudge when there is no fudge?" Myka read and I smirked at this question.

"Fudge? Is that..." Pete asked, bewildered by the list.

"Question four.

Do you have ever feel like this might be a colossal waste of time?" Myka asked, incredibly done with the situation and Pete took the papers out of her hands.