Prolouge

A/N- There's a couple of genderbends, not a lot though

I ran. I ran far far away. I never wanted to go back. No... That place is a hell hole where Satan lives...

My feet were freezing as the snow travels through the cloth of my converse making my socks and feet wet. Snow fell from the sky like feathers floating in the air, everso gracefully. I looked around at the white winterwonderland.

I stop at the nearest park to catch my breath from running.

My mother was screaming at the top of her lungs at my father. I was in my dark room tightly plugging my ears trying to keep out the sounds of things breaking, voices rising, and things slamming. I pull out my sketchbook, flip my braided black hair behind me, and started drawing. I'm only 11 and drawing at this time was my only friend, no one else was there for me besides this sketchbook. I heard a bang on my door.

"NO LEAVE HER ALONE!" my mother screamed.

Bang.

"Karkat!" I got pulled out of my rememberance of what just happened.

"What are you doing out here?!" a panting Rose was bending forward, hands on her knees trying to breathe.

"I need to get away from there..." I mumbled.

"Your family?!"

"Yes..."

She sat down on the nearest bench that was covered with powdery snow.

"What happened this time that made you come out here at 11pm?"

"My question is how did you know I was out here?" I give her a frown.

"I was looking at the snow falling outside my window when I noticed you running for your life out in the road. I had to come find you."

"Oh..." I looked off to the side.

"Anyways, what happened?"

I love Rose and all but I can't tell her what happened.

Not yet...

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"Where are you going?" She brushed her blonde bangs out of her face to get a better look at me.

"No where, okay?!" I yelled at her. I was in a pissed off mood, I don't really want to talk to her nor answer her millions of questions. "Just... Leave me alone!"

She looked at me shocked.

"What happened to you? You used to have a smile on your face 24/7."

I glare at the inch of snow glued to the ground, then i turn back at her with a frown. "Well that's before certain shit happened. Now, LEAVE ME ALONE YOU FUCKASS!" I yell at her tears almost falling from my eyes.

She walks up to me and looks me in the eyes, "...What happened..."

She turns and runs away.

I stand there, watching her run away. I suddenly feel cold as ice, my vision blurred, and I felt light headed.

Next thing I knew, it was all black.