5 Years Later

I sighed looking out the window of my sister's green Prius. I watched as the gray clouds covered the sky and cried onto the windows of the running cars.

"You okay?" Nepeta, my sister, asked me.

"I'm fine." I pull down my sleeves to my black hoodie that had a cancer symbol on it. It really pissed me off how everyone thought it was a "69" on its side. Dirty minded fuckasses...

"Hey! Karkat!" she startled me and pulled me back into the thing I hate... reality.

"What?" I look at her with an annoyed face.

"I said do you like my new beanie?" she pointed at a blue cat beanie on her head. It had pointy ears and a white eyes along with a white mouth and a white nose.

"It's cute." I looked down and noticed a long blue tail coming from behind her butt.

"Seriously?" I try not smile at her passionate love for cats.

"What??? Does it look bad???" She gives me a worried look.

"Not at all." I smile then continue to look out the window covered in droplets.

"How was the airplane flight?"

"It was fine... too many people though..."

"It's an airport. Of course there's gonna be a lot of people."

"I still don't like it." I mutter.

I roll down the window and feel the raindrops hitting my face.

I close my eyes, thinking.

"Don''t touch her!" my mother screams.

Bang.

He pounded on my door once.

I run over to lock my door.

The man my mother loved twists the nob then pounds on the door again.

"OPEN UP!!!" he screams at me.

I back up from the door slowly, his pounding continues. I Quickly grab my back pack and stuff my sketchbooks, camera, phone and a change of clothes in there.

The pounding continues as well as the yelling.

I grow more nervous.

I open my window ready to jump out.

I leave my violin a little scared they might break it.

I looked back at the door, no more pounding.

I held my breath.

"We're here." Nepeta pulls into a driveway of a two story house that is now my new home.

I step out the car and stare up at it. My sister goes into the trunk and pulls out my two red and gray suitcases along with my violin.

I quickly grab my camera out of my bag before she takes it upstairs to my room.

"Careful, k?" she gives me a worried look.

"I'm just gonna walk around, alright?"

"Be back before 9."

I check the clock; 4:15PM.

Nepeta shuts the door and I turn to the new neighborhood that I'm now officially living in.

I start walking to the left of the house down the sidewalk until I stop to look at my new neighbor... laying in his front lawn?

He had black short messy hair, black pants with gray polka-dots, a black shirt with three juggling clubs on it, and had... clown make-up?!

He notices me and jumps up running to me.

"Hey sister!" he gave me a smile.

His eyes looked yellow and a little too relaxed... as if he's stoned.

"So your Nepeta's sister that's moving in?"

"Oh yeah." I fumble my camera around in my hands.

"Oh well welcome, motherfucker." I tried not to laugh at the way he talked, it was just funny!

"What's you motherfucking wicked shit of a name?"

"Oh I'm Karkat. Who are you?"

"I'm Gamzee. Gamzee Makara." he gives me a stoner looking smile.

"Oh! I should introduce you to Tavros!" with that said he ran inside his purple and orange house.

I smirk and turn around.

I walked to the center of the street and looked down at the road. "Wow, the beautiful fall tree colors and houses are so perfect!" I say to myself as I take a photo.

I walk more down the street until I reach a park. The park had an old metal slide and an old metal swing set. I climb onto the swing and take a picture of all the fall leaves on the ground, lifeless.

I take a deep breath in. I can't believe she would do that to me... just give me up as if I was nothing to her.

I lean back, falling off the swing and landing into the leaves, which actually didn't hurt.

I wonder how my life is gonna be at this new place... if I meet any new friends or... anyone special...

HA, FAT CHANCE!

I'M THE LAST GIRL ANY GUY WOULD WANT TO BE WITH!

I sigh closing my eyes. I just sit there not moving, til I hear crushing of leaves.

"Hello?"