Prologue

Draco Malfoy's life had changed a lot since the  war. The Malfoy Manor seemed to be even more popular than Hogwarts. "Great party, Draco", Daphne Greengrass said to him after she took a sip of the warm butterbeer. Pansy gave a loud huff of annoyance as she didn't receive a 'thank you' from Daphne for serving her drinks. Pansy was currently walking around the manor with a tray of butterbeer while Blaise carried one with firewhisky, however, even though Pansy and Blaise were keeping every guest happy, Draco was getting all the credit.

   "That's good to hear. I hope your sister is having a good time", he said as his eyes searched through the many different dancing people in hope of finding his lovely Astoria. Now that Voldemort was gone, Draco's life was perfect. He had everything he ever wanted, except a woman to make him happy, but he's had his eye on Astoria Greengrass for awhile now. They had been dating for over a year, and tonight he was going to propose, but right as he was about to head over to her, there was a knock at the door. Draco quickly walked over to open it and see who would want to be late for a party as amazing as this one.

  An old hag stood before him. "Hello young man. I was wondering if I could stay here to rest overnight. I'll give you a rose in return." Draco scoffed as he glanced at the rose.

  "I have all the money in the world, and an ugly rose isn't going to change my opinion that no one would want to be seen with you. I don't want your excuse of a gift." Draco was about to slam the door shut since most of his guest were starting to stare, but a blinding light filled his vision. The old hag had turned into a beautiful witch. Draco tried to beg for forgiveness, but she simply laughed at his apology.

  "It is clear that your heart is cold as ice', she said to him. Suddenly Draco felt excruciating pain through every inch of his body. Was this his punishment, the Cruciatus Curse? But the curse ended as soon as it started, and Draco felt no more pain.

  He pushed all thoughts aside and got back to the matter at hand. He finally spotted her and rushed over. "Astoria...", he said with a smile. Before he had the chance to say another word, she screamed. "What?", Draco asked with confusion, but he didn't need an answer. The mirror behind Astoria on the wall showed a big hairy beast staring back at him.

"Draco, I had some time to think, and we weren't a good match. I'll be going now." He watched as she quickly left the Manor, and all of the guest started to leave as well, but once they made it past the iron gates the witch had erased the whole memory of Malfoy Manor, and all who lived there.

The rose that was given to Draco was indeed an enchanted rose. The curse on the Malfoy Manor could be broken if he found someone to love, and they love him in return before the last petal falls, but Draco had very little hope that his life would go back to normal, for who could ever learn to love a beast?