Chapter 3 Maybe She's the One

Cormac and Marcus were sitting in the Leaky Cauldron. Cormac was looking at his second cup of butterbeer but instead of drinking it, he tossed it at the wall, which barely missed Lavender Brown's head while the hot butterbeer that stained the wall was now running down her back. "I had the perfect life planned out. A home in Hogsmeade, kids running around while Hermione cooks me the best meals, and what does she say to me? 'I will never marry you Cormac', but if she just took a glance at life instead of fantasy, she will realize that I will be the only one there to protect her and take care of her."

  "There are other girls", Marcus said as he turned. Cormac saw Lavender and the Patil twins drooling like there was no tomorrow. "More butterbeer?"

  "Why bother? Nothing helps. That's the difference between Hermione and the rest; she hasn't made a fool of herself to gain my affection. Who does she think she is? No one says no to Cormac McLaggen!"

   "Gosh it disturbs me to see you, Cormac, looking so down in the dumps. Every guy here love'd to be you, Cormac, even when taking your lumps. There's no one in town as admired as you. Your everyone's favorite wizard...."

  David traveled all the way back to the Leaky Cauldron from the hidden manor. He needed someone who was skilled in magic to help save his daughter. "Help! Someone, help me! They... he took her!" His voice and body were still shaken up from the cold winter of the manor grounds. Cormac looked up as he's saw Hermione's father looking tired and scared. "Hermione. She's trapped in a manor in Wiltshire." Everyone laughed at him. "My daughter's life is in danger, why do you laugh?"

Cormac saw the opportunity and took it. This was how Cormac could get David's blessing to marry Hermione. "Mr. Granger, there are no manors in Wiltshire. It's just forest for miles", said one of the bartenders.

   Cormac watched as every witch and wizard had started to mock David. Cormac gripped the edge of the chair and pulled himself up slowly so everyone noticed. Suddenly the whole Leaky Cauldron was quiet. Lavender Brown, who had been watching Cormac for awhile, was hoping that he'd join in the mockery, but she was wrong. "Don't laugh at this man. As he says...", his daughter is in danger."

   David smiled as he knew someone would help him. "The beast has her in his manor." This caused the laughter to start up again.

  "All Beast were killed during the Second Wizarding War", said Lavender Brown with a hint of venom, but Cormac ignored those words.

  "Well then.. Lead us to the beast", Cormac said proudly.

                                        ***

   Hermione played with the hem of her dress as she sat on the cold dungeon floor. The pitch black seemed to be swallowing up all her happiness. She wasn't sure which was worse, Azkaban or wherever she was now. At least in Azkaban Hermione could talk to the person in the cell next to her.

   She wasn't sure why she was more upset now alone in a manor when she was already alone in Diagon Alley. It was probably because she didn't have her father with her now. She rested her hands on the front of her dress when she felt the book she had bought earlier in her pocket.

'Hogwarts was founded over a year ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of that time, and still widely known today for their magical works'....

   A loud noise distracted Hermione. It has come to her attention that her cell door was now open, but there was no one on the other side. "Good day, Miss Granger." The voice alarmed her. Realizing that she no longer had her wand, she grabbed the stool in the cell; holding it high in case she needed to defend herself.