Chapter 4 Be Our Guest

David, Cormac and Marcus travelled through the Wiltshire woods. Marcus stared at the passing trees with a bored look as Cormac daydreamed about a life with Hermione as his wife. The two of them were finally awaken from their thoughts when Cormac's horse ran over a tree, causing the carriage to rattle a bit. David was trying his hardest to remember which way Philippe had taken him the first time, but Cormac's patience was slowly slipping away as David stopped at a fork in the road. Cormac knew for a fact that David had no idea where he was going, but if he lost his temper, then his chance to get David's blessing would go right down the drain.

   David looked down both paths with a confused glare. "Wait, I'm positive the manor is this way... or that way.", said David as he pointed in two different directions.

   Cormac has finally reached his breaking point. "That's it! Where is Hermione?", Cormac shouted. His face was turning redder and redder and his nostrils were flared. Marcus had a feeling that something was about to go horribly wrong.

  "She is at the manor! The beast has her captive in his cell."

  "David Granger", Cormac said as he sat up in his seat. "We know that you're not caught up on everything in the wizard world, but there is no manor, and all the Beast were killed in the war. Now let's go back to London where Hermione is probably getting ice cream and reading a book with that thing she calls a cat."

David had a disgusted look as he turned to Cormac. "If you didn't believe me the first time I said it, then why did you bother to come along?"

"Oh... in Wiltshire. I think some memories are coming back to me. I think I know where the beast has taken her."

***

Draco pounded on the wooden door. "Join me for dinner, that's not a question", said Draco through gritted teeth. His father would be so disappointed if he saw his only son trying to be nice to the muggleborn that was currently staying in one of the fanciest room in the whole manor. Pansy, however, frowned as she heard his loud growl.

"Easy! You have to be gentle. The girl lost her father and her freedom all on the course of one day. She's probably in there scared to death." Draco nodded before returning his attention to the door. He knocked lighter this time.

"Will you join me for dinner?", he said with a slight smile. He honestly didn't want to admit that he had hope in his voice.

Hermione set down her book, and glared at the door. "You're holding me captive, taken my wand away, and you expect me to be in company with someone so selfish and arrogant as you?", she shouted loud enough for him to get the message.

His blood start to boil. Once again he started pounding on the wood. Pansy could've sworn she heard something crack. She wasn't sure if it was the wood or his fist. "I TOLD YOU TO JOIN ME FOR DINNER!"

"...and I told you no! I'd rather take a million crucios than be in the same room with you!" At that comment, Draco turned to look at Pansy, who had a worried look.

"She doesn't remember this place", was all that Pansy could say. Just like every other witch and wizard back in London, Hermione had no idea that this place even existed until she arrived, but maybe that was an advantage on his part.

"Then let's keep it that way", he said quietly, but still in anger. "Go ahead and starve for all I care!", Draco shouted at the door before heading up to his room in the west wing. Once he got there, he kicked over one of the chairs in anger. Hermione seemed to know exactly how to piss him off. As he calmed down a bit, he glanced at the rose and frowned. Another petal dropped. Beside the glass was a magic hand mirror. He picked it up and took a second breath before speaking to it. "Show me the girl", he said coldly, but his face immediately softened.