You Will Die!

*Blake*

Every one person has a moment in life where they must stand and fight or run and hide. Every life has a defining moment, whether it be standing up to a bully, fighting for your beliefs or protecting your loved ones.

This is mine.

Daniel Cortez is the bully that destroyed my family and turned me against my beliefs. But can I blame really just him?

If my sister had of stayed away from HIM, she wouldn't have shot Madeline. She would never have been a criminal that needs to run. She could of came to me but she went to HIM and HE made her disappear. My Mother and Father wouldn't have fell apart with worry and hurt if HE had stayed away from my sister. If I wasn't so desperate to catch HIM, I wouldn't have neglected my family and used Madeline. It all comes down to HIM! So yeah I blame him.

This is my moment.

My defining moment.

So why am I lay bleeding and broken on the floor with HIM looming over me. Waiting for the moment to come, the moment I take my last breath because of him. The moment I failed.

"I made a promise not to kill you, I will keep my promise this time. However you even look in Madeline's direction again and I will kill you. Right now knowing you put your own sister behind bars is enough. That your wife is probably filing for divorce and custody right now. Thats my gift to you and a reminder that I always win. Goodbye Frost." He walks toward the table that is protecting Madeline almost lifeless body leaving me alive. No! This isn't how it ends. He doesn't get to win.

I watch as he carefully scoops the fragile body into his arms, his face an unreadable mask. He is whispering words I can't make out to her, but she doesn't even flinch. For a fleeting second I feel guilt at the sight of her black and blue face, her lifeless body. He did this! He made this happen!

He can't leave, he has to pay!

I reach to my gun slowly and soundlessly despite my protesting limbs. I can get a clear shot of him and her as he holds her close, trying to wake her. Who to shoot?

I wonder who has the honour? I am about to shoot a man with his back to me whilst he walks away because of a promise. Fool.

I could shoot her? That's got to hurt him more. That has honour.

Right?

He starts to walk toward the exit not bothering to look back at me. My chance is dwindling. It's now or never. I have to make this worth something. He cost me everything!

Ennie Meanie Minie Moe!

BANG........

The sirens in the distance alert me of company on the way as I finally let my eyes rest. I am not a failure. I made the right choice.

One bullet.

One life.

My revenge.

THE END!