Chapter 7: Dahliah Angel Rickman

I gave birth to my daughter in early May. She was the cutest and smallest little angel. Alan cried when she was born, he couldn't believe his eyes. A tiny baby girl had just been exposed to a huge world; and that it was his daughter and up to the both of us to show her the ropes. To support her, love her, and teach her the best steps to becoming successful in life. We both were overjoyed and we meant that nothing was going to harm her. Our little girl came first before us. Dahliah grew up fast. Before we knew it she was going on eighteen years old. She was heavily athletic. That she got from me. I did gymnastics and also did basketball. I always cherished football and even tried out softball in my childhood. That athletic side came from me. Intelligence came from both Alan and I and her gift as a critical thinker came from Alan to. He said that also came from both of us but I think Alan is more of a critical thinker than I am. Dahliah did gymnastics from the age of six all the way until eighteen. Then she did basketball for her chosen university. Dahliah wanted to be an actress because what dad did she thought was cool. So when it came time for college she made sure that all twenty-one schools she applied to had theatre with concentration on acting in the application. Dahliah didn't commit to one until five weeks before May first. She just couldn't decide. After getting into all of them I guess it is hard. She finally committed to Cal-State Fullerton though. And she met friends that were loyal. No matter who her dad was. All her friends knew him from the Harry Potter series and they all adored him. One of her friends favorite movie with him though was Mesmer. I liked it to. But as I let Alan know over and over again, my favorite was truly madly deeply. A classic. I know it was torture for him to watch himself as he had stated in many interviews but I made him do it. That is not a movie you watch alone. In the fall semester of Dahliah's Sophomore year at Fullerton she got a boyfriend. His name was Chad. He was from Brazil. I thought it was interesting. A clash of culture and he was a very nice guy. They were the two shining stars of their class because they competed with each other on who's gonna get the best grades. It was a sense of motivation to work hard and keep those grades up I guess. Chad was a nursing major. Hoping to become an anesthetic nurse. High hopes and dreams. But their junior year something happened and Alan and I almost lost our daughter.