Chapter 10:Yashi Victoria Rickman

In April of 1993 I gave birth to our last child Yashi (YA-SHE). After I had her Alan looked at me and said "I'm done". Meaning the chance of having anymore kids was none. Yashi was born April 23rd and man wasn't she a feisty jealous baby. You could tell she was going to be a daddy's girl. There was no doubt about it. Every time someone (mostly girls) would hug Alan or try to talk to Alan whether it was colleagues or just close personal friends. Or even me she'll whine "noooo" and proceed to push us away from him. Alan told her it wasn't nice of course and not to do it but daddy's little girl just couldn't help it. She always wanted Alan to herself. It was almost like his own wife couldn't sleep in the bed with him anymore. And if I did she sleep right in between us. You would think she's the wife and I'm the daughter if you didn't know any better. Thank God she grew out of it. As our kids grew and became extra independent and responsible they made a bond with each other. It was very rare that they would fuss or fight. And if they did, it was mostly in the winter time when it was all icey and snowy on the sidewalks and streets of London. They would yell at each other in fury about how it's not funny when they would slip and fall on the ice. They even laughed at me when I fell. But to me it was hilarious falling. And one time I fell and brought Alan down with me. That's why he always hesitated in trying to catch me. It hurt when he went down. But his facial expressions were beyond funny. You could put all his falls in a falling on ice compilation on YouTube and his fans would feel so bad but also die from laughter. Or better yet put all of  us in there. I knew our kids were destined to be great in life. Dahliah became an actress with the help from Cal-State Fullerton, RADA, and the training as well as advice from her awesome father. Sometimes she would be nervous; her dad watched her often. Sometimes he wouldn't give any nice facial expressions or any signs of her doing a good job. Mostly because he was very focused on her skills and seeing if she was taking his advice on stage plays versus movie sets. Alan didn't beat around the bush with you. His friends can tell you he was a harsh one. If you did awful you did awful. That needs to change. If you did wonderful you did wonderful. Straight like that. Dahliah wasn't really a daddy's girl or a mama's girl. She was more of any independent person. But she always wanted to make her parents proud. Same with the rest of them. Now back to Dahliah and her newborn, she was still struggling with the fact of us accepting her. She struggled to even look Alan in the eyes. Even though we accepted them no matter what. Everyone makes mistakes and you can't dwell on it. You have no right to hold it against them for the rest of their lives. She was in deep depression and Alan and I knew we had to do something or else we could risk her doing something else to herself. And this time we could actually lose her.