Chapter 4

Disclaimer: you already know what it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know the rules! Your hair must always stay up in a bun." she exclaimed handing you a ribbon. "I-I'm sorry ma'am it wont happen again." you bowed. She looked at you up and down. "I've never seen you before. Exactly who are you?" she got closer to your face making you uncomfortable. "I-I'm the new m-m-maid" you responded. She backed away. "Mmm, head over to the kitchen and help the others" she pointed in the direcrion as you left her. "And try not to get lost." she called out at you then walked the opposite direction. You were internally giggling 'Its scary how much of a bullsh*ter I am' you kept walking until you picked up the scent of food and followed it.

Before entering you quickly moved out of the way for one of the maids who walked out in a rush with a tray of food. The kitchen was absolutely amazing. There was so much space and food it looked like it had everything. You looked around at others and walked up to one of them.

"Excuse me im new here and I was directed to help in the kitchen." you said. She stopped what she was doing and turned her head. "Would you be a dear help the other maids pass out the food? That would be lovely." she smiled at you and handed you a tray then put three plates on it. "Who do I give this to?" you asked confused. "Anyone sittingat the table and doesnt have a plate. Go on now." she shooed you away before going back to work.

You walked out the kitchen and into the dining hall trying your best to balance the tray. You were astonished by the scene. There were two long tables with a white cloth with beautiful gold designs over them and red chairs that complemented the table cloth perfectly on the left and right sides of the room.

So many people attended, most of them were at the center of the room dancing to the music, while the maids tried their best to avoid getting hit and lost in the crowd.

You moved your legs and tried to find the prince. 'At least he isn't siting on his thrown so that's good. ' you told yourself. You walked towards the people sitting down and gave them their food then got lost in the crowd. You looked at your watch impatiently.

"Its almost time" you told yourself trying to get through the crowd.

At last you found the prince and he was surrounded by girls. It's not a suprise since it is his birthday. You started walking over to him, avoiding anyone you might accidentally bump into, but you were interupted. The music turned off and everyone looked at the anouncer on the balcony. "Please make way in the center of the ball room for the prince and a lucky lady of his choosing to have a special dance." the announcer said before queing the music. You looked back at the prince and he was already walking towards the center with a girl.

She was beautiful, she had her hair down and curled to the side, red heals, dimond earrings, light makeup, and she wore a blood red dress that ended before her ankles with a red bow on her right hip that completed the dress.

You made your way to the front lines and watch them slow dancing.

'Should i do it or not?'

You looked at them and saw how happy he was. 'Maybe I shouldn't but I can't stand here doing nothing! I don't want that image in my head!' you looked at the girl and she got awfully close to him. 'Shit, I'm running out of time! What about the butterfly effect, this could have dire consequences.' you looked once more and her left hand was lowering.

"Oh to hell with it!" you told yourself as your charged in and tackled the girl making a loud thump sound when she hit the ground. You quickly untied your ribbon so they wouldnt see your face and flipped the girl on her stomach then pinned her down.

Using one hand to hold both of hers down, you used your free one to search her body and found a syringe filled with a yellow liquid hidden inside her bow.  She looked at you angrily and yelled "Let me go!" you ignored her and looked up. You saw everyone staring at you in shock and horror. "What the hell do you think your doing! Get off of her!" an angry voice boomed in your ears. You looked up and saw the prince glaring at you. "I can explain!" you said loud enough for the prince to hear over the music. There was no need to call the guards for they're already coming.

"She was sent here to assasinate  you! This-" you showed him the syringe "-is filled with scorpion venom! You were supposed to die tonight!" you yelled at him as he stood there frozen, taken back by what you said. "She was sent here by-" you felt a sharp pain go up your spine as you cried out and dropped the syringe.  At this point in time, people (mostly girls) were fleeing the castle. "Heh!" the girl used her heal to kick your spine and pushed you off her. She got on top of you and grabbed the syringe. "Clever girl! Thats too bad you know too much, I'm going to have to kill you!" she laughed and aimed the syringe at you neck. Before it pearced your skin, you used the remaining strength you have left to stop her. Weakened by the previous strike you struggled to keep the needle away. Now using two hands she pushed even harder. "Die whore!" she yelled. Your arms were getting tired and you were about to give up. 'Shes too strong!' then an idea poped in your head. Your knee connected with her stomach and kept striking there until you were able to overpower her.

Acting fast, you switched postions and held her arms above her head as your sitting on her stomach. "Good luck trying to leave" you told her.

The guards arrived on scene. "Finally! You took forever, please take her awa-" one of the guards took a hold of you. "What the hell?! Let me go!" you exclaimed. "Stay silent!" he commanded. "Let her go shes innocent." the prince said. "But sir-" he interupted "Thats an order!" the guard let go of you and on instinct you hid behind the prince. "Take her to the dungeon!" he demanded as they obeyed. "Party's over!" the announcer yelled at the people who stayed behind. Once the castle cleared he looked at you astonished with a million questions going through his head.

"Who are you and how did you know there was an attack today?"

To be continued...