|What a Cheater|

*For Ross_is_my_husband*

Ross x Reader

Ross bit his lip as he heard the soft sniffles coming from his best friend's bedroom, reaching up a gentle hand to knock on the door. Carissa had called in in tears asking him to come over, but she didn't tell him what was going on. Just that she needed him. And he would be there.

The minute he knocked on the door the sniffles coming from the other side of the door stopped. The blonde boy sighed softly, wringing his fingers together.

"Carissa? It's me." He called softly, and not two seconds later the door was being swung open as Carissa threw herself into his arms, burying her head into his neck.

"Hey, hey," Ross whispered, pulling her close and with one arm as the hand on the other came up to tangle into her hair. "It's okay. It's okay, I'm right here." He soothed, scooping her into his arms and making his way into her bedroom. He bumped the door shut with his hip before carrying her over to the bed and lying down with her so she could curl into his side.

Carissa buried her head into his shirt, clenching her eyes shut as she tried to match his breathing. She felt comfort in the way his hands slowly stroked over her locks, lulling her in a way she couldn't describe.

"What happened, Car?" Ross asked softly, pressing his lips to the top of her head. "You know you can tell me."

Carissa's grip on her best friend tightened and she shook her head, her heart racing. "I'm an idiot."

"What? Car, no you're not." Ross argued gently, rubbing soothing circles on her back with one hand as the other continued to gently stroke her hair. "Why would you say that? What happened?"

Carissa huffed and rolled out of Ross' arms, getting up from the bed and walking to the other side of the room. She folded her arms over her chest and sighed. "Pat cheated on me."

Rage built itself into Ross' stomach as he sat up, his brow furrowing. "What?"

"He cheated on me. I don't know what I expected. I should have seen it." Carissa chuckled, and Ross couldn't help but wince at how humorless it sounded.

"Car, come here." Ross said, standing up and reaching a hand out for his best friend.

Carissa sighed softly, wiping her tears with the back of her hand and making her way into her best friend's waiting embrace.

Ross pressed a gentle kiss to the top of her head, rubbing her back gently. "You're not stupid, Car. He's just an idiot. And a pig. And an ass hat."

Carissa giggled softly, shaking her head and pressing her face into his shirt. "You're such a dork."

"Hey, it made you laugh, didn't it?" Ross smiled, looking down at her brightly.

"Yeah, I guess so." Carissa hummed, resting her chin on his chest and looking up at him. "Thanks, Ross."

"Of course." Ross grinned, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I love you, goof."

Carissa giggled. "I love you more, dork."

A/N- I know this is a little short, but I hope you enjoyed!! Love you guys!! <3