falling for you

That day, Alexander and his friends showed Peggy and Y/N around the camp. John and Peggy were catching up, the two stayed close that day. Y/N caught up with Alexander, the two speaking of camp and the redcoats, as well as Eliza and General Schuyler. Hercules told jokes, and shamelessly attempted to flirt with Y/N, much to Lafayette and Alexander's displeasure. The boys showed Y/N and Peggy to their tent, then said they would be around camp if they needed anything.

Y/N and Peggy quickly unpacked their things. Peggy began freshening up, quickly brushing through her hair. Y/N unpacked her items, and began addressing a letter to Eliza to tell her that they made it to the camp safely. After she finished the letter, Y/N and Peggy headed out from their tent to go find the boys. After wandering the camp for a few minutes, the boys were found sitting around a fire, drinking alcohol from flasks they passed around, and they sang.

"Hey!" Peggy interrupted the group with a happy chirp.

The boys turned to Peggy and Y/N and smiled. "Peggy! Y/N!"

Hercules and John were already drunk, while Alexander and Lafayette had only taken a few drinks. John desperately tugged Peggy's skirt, and begged her to sit down with him. She giggled, but agreed, and John laid a sloppy wet kiss to her cheek. Y/N took a seat between Hercules and Alexander.

"Care for a drink, Y/N?" Hercules slurred, handing Y/N the flask.

Hercules, John, and Lafayette watched Y/N to see what she would do. Alexander only shook his head in disapproval, but didn't say anything. Y/N looked from the flask in Hercules' grip, to Lafayette and Alexander, to Peggy and John. She took the flask, and took a swig of the amber colored contents. John and Hercules cheered her on, Peggy and Laf just laughed, and Alexander still shook his head.

"That's strong." Y/N coughed as she finished her drink. The men laughed, and Alexander stood up.

"Excuse me, boys and ladies. It's been fun catching up, Y/N, stay safe, please." Alexander said, shooting a glance at Lafayette, who just nodded. After Alexander left, Peggy stood with John, who was heavily leaning on her.

"Well, I think I'll be taking Mr. Laurens back to his tent." Peggy told the group.

John gasped and whispered loudly, "Peggy! They don't need to know your plans for us!"

Peggy turned bright red. "That's not what I meant! I'm just taking you back to tuck you into bed, John."

The couple parted from the group, John was stumbling and Peggy was doing her best to keep him on his feet.

Hercules was still sitting by the fire, telling stories loudly to himself. Lafayette chuckled to himself, and stood up.

"Mademoiselle Y/N, would you mind helping me escort Hercules back to his tent, s'il vous plaît?" Lafayette asked politely.

Y/N nodded. "Of course, Monsieur."

Lafayette and Y/N stood on either side of Hercules and lifted him up. Hercules wrapped his arms around their shoulders to shift some weight onto them.

"Ah, thank you, friends." Hercules murmured.

"But, of course, Hercules." Lafayette replied softly.

In a few moments, they reached Hercules tent. Y/N took Hercules' coat from him and hung it on a rack.

"Ms. Hamilton! What would your brother say if he knew you were undressing me?" Hercules asked Y/N teasingly.

Y/N felt her cheeks turn a shade of red.

"Hercules, leave Y/N alone." Lafayette scoffed, pushing Hercules into his bed and covering him with a blanket.

"Whatever you say, dad." Hercules slurred. "Y'know, you two will be great parents one day. I can see Y/N and Laf together. You'll start a family, possibly in France. You guys will have five children, two boys, and three girls. And a cat. Don't forget the cat. Laffy will probably name the kitten something girly and French."