enough for me

Y/N closed her eyes softly, a small yawn escaped her lips. She tightened her grasp on Herc's shoulder, not wanting to fall off of the horse. Y/N must've been tired, she pressed her face against Hercules's back, and fell asleep quickly. Lafayette watched this adoringly. She was so fierce and brave, how could you not adore her? Y/N was the most selfless, good hearted person he had ever met. He hated being away from her, even for a few minutes. Laf even enjoyed being around her when she was angry with him as well. And he was happy.

It took the four of them hours to get back to camp. By then, Lafayette was hungry and tired, and in need of medical attention. The four of them were given a warm welcome by Peggy, who quickly helped Y/N to her tent. Y/N, being as stubborn as she was, refused to go rest (although, Laf knew she was tired), and instead immediately went back to work at the medical tent. Washington even tried to convince Y/N that she should get some rest, but of course, she wouldn't. She was the same stubborn Y/N Laf adored. And he was happy.

Y/N spent the remainder of that day rushing around that medical tent, tending to any and every soldier. Lafayette stopped in briefly. He said that he needed some medical attention for his black eye and busted lip. Y/N found this curious. Why would a man who avoided medical attention when he was shot in the leg, be so set on getting help for a few cuts and bruises? Y/N didn't ask Lafayette this, and proceeded to continue cleaning up Laf's face. They sat in silence all the while. And he was happy.

"What is it?" Y/N asked him with a yawn.

Lafayette looked at her confused. "What is what?"

"You've been staring at me." Y/N sighed. "So what is it? Is there something on my face?"

Lafayette shook his head urgently. "Non, non! It is not your face. I find your face very - never mind. It's nothing. I'm just a little, uh, 'ow you say, dazed."

"Alright, then." Y/N said, not believing him for a second, but not having the energy to push him further on the matter. She finished applying medicine to his lip. "All done. Is there something else you need?"

Lafayette pretended to think about it, and then said, "Well, now that you ask, my lip still kind of hurts..."

"Oh?" Y/N asked, suspicious. "What do you need me to do to make it feel better?"

"Back in France," Lafayette began, "Whenever I got hurt, my grandmére would kiss any scrapes or cuts to make it feel better. I bet if you gave me a small kiss on the lips, I would feel much better."

Y/N's eyebrows shot up. "You want me to give you a kiss?"

"Just a small one, oui?" Lafayette said with a smirk.

"Just a small kiss?" Y/N asked, leaning in slightly. "Lafayette, remember something for me, please?"

Lafayette's eyes were wide, and he jerked his head up and down in a nod. "Of course, mon ange."

Y/N quickly pulled away from him, and slapped him across the face. "I want you to remember I'm not your grandmother, nor am I some floozy that goes weak at the knees just because you are French."

"O-of course, mon ange, I didn't mean to upset you." Lafayette said quickly, he looked up at Y/N, confused to see that she was smiling.

"Goodness, Laf."  Y/N shook her head in mock disappoint. "You've put me through so much in the past few days. First, you get me kidnapped. And now you're asking me for a kiss? Too many horrendous acts for me to bare."