Chapter 7

Ciel raced through campus with you cradled firmly yet gently in his arms. His usually calm cerulean orbs flickered frantically between your unconscious form and the path ahead as he scanned the halls, weaving through clusters of students and narrowly avoiding several collisions.

"Ciel! Slow down you fucking twat!" Alois called out as he and Grell struggled to keep up with the bluenette's frantic pace. Ciel gave no indication that he even heard the annoyed blonde, which of course only irked him further.

The redhead huffed a few steps behind Alois, his chest heaving as he struggled to maintain a constant level of oxygen in his lungs."I...am too beautiful...to be sweating like this." The flamboyant male barely managed to speak between huge gulps of oxygen before his body forced him to take a break, causing him to bend over and rest his hands on his knees. Alois peeked behind his shoulder and slowed down, hurriedly grabbing Grell's hand and dragging him along.

"I used to be a track star in high school." The eccentric blonde gloated with a satisfied smirk on his lips. "Can't you tell by my voluptuous ass? Cardio and squats."

Grell rolled his chartreuse orbs in annoyance, clearly never having worked out a day in his life and promised himself he would go to the gym if he survived this. He wasn't confident in his chances.

Ciel's heart was pounding against his chest as pure panic coursed through his body, making his blood feel like ice in his veins. This had never happened before, at least to his knowledge. You looked paler than usual today but you didn't seem to be ill enough to pass out in his arms. Surely a little cold couldn't have caused that. So what was wrong then? You hadn't eaten anything with them earlier so it couldn't have been some sort of food poisoning. Maybe it was the lack of food that left you so vulnerable? Ciel's mind raced a mile a minute as he jumped from one conclusion to the next, only growing more and more worried with each passing second.

Then it hit him. Sebastian . He had no idea why of all things his name popped into his head. What did Sebastian have to do with anything?

He was the last person you were with before seemingly falling ill. Alois hadn't mentioned anything at all about you feeling unwell yesterday evening. Still, that was plenty of time to catch a cold, especially if you had been out in the rain. Cerulean orbs clouded with worry as he nervously chewed his lip and glanced down at you once more. Your (h/c) hair splayed over your face, hiding most of it from his view. Your soft lips parted slightly as small, even breaths slipped passed them and fanned across Ciel's chest. He felt the warmth of your breath through his shirt and his heart skipped a beat as you involuntarily held onto him tighter and snuggled closer.

Ciel placed a quick, chaste kiss on your forehead before promising himself that if something unusual was going on, he was going to do everything in his power to take care of it. Perhaps he should should look into this Sebastian... even though every fiber of his being screamed against it.

Please be okay (Name)...

----------------

Sebastian had spent the morning glancing at his phone every five minutes, if not more frequently.

Surely you would have contacted him by now.

He didn't bother himself with such trivial matters. Women fell into his hands like putty, they had done so for a millennia and would continue to do so for another millennia. He was just...impatient. This entire pursuit had taken longer than he had intended. You surely would have been his that night at the strip club, screaming and writhing beneath him in short lived ecstasy if not for that annoying blue-eyed brat. Well, short lived for you.