Chapter 1

I wake up but keep my eyes shut. I try sitting up but my eyes shoot open as pain shoots across my whole body. A small whimper escapes my lips as my eyes wander around the poorly lit area that I'm in. The area is small. It's not meant for humans because my head hits the ceiling while I'm sitting here. I can barely move around, it seems more like a cage meant for a medium sized dog. There are iron bars that are keeping me from escaping this small, cramped space.

In the distance I can hear the faint sound of footsteps echo outside of the iron bars. The sound continues to get louder as whatever the sound belongs to gets closer. I slam my eyes shut in fear of what I might encounter next. I inhale a deep breath and exhale trying to remain calm hoping that whatever is in the other side won't hurt me.

"Get up!" I hear, coming from a deep, gruff voice yell right outside the cage that I'm locked within. I take another deep breath trying to pull together enough courage to face whomever that deep, dark scary voice comes from. As my bright hazel eyes slowly open up I see a mans face staring coldly right at me. He has short chestnut brown hair that makes his brown eyes stand out. My eyes lock with the man before me making the red specks in his brown eyes apparent to me.

I quickly advert my eyes by looking down at my lap. I notice that I'm only in an off white t-shirt that has been ripped in several places near the bottom. I can hear the rattling of keys then the sound of a key inside a lock. The iron bars swing open with a quiet squeaking sound from the aging metal. "Get out now!" The same gruff voice yells into the cage causing it to echo in the small space, and leaving a ringing in my ears. My eyes slam shut as my hands cover my ears trying to stop the ringing and echo. I feel a tight grip on my arm and my eyes shoot open as the man effortlessly pulls me to the edge of the cage. "I said get out!" He yells again as he starts to grow impatient with me.

He yanks me the rest of the way out letting y body fall to the floor. The cage was even with the mans head and this man is tall, probably 6,3. He towers over me and chuckles as I groan in pain from the impact with the hard concrete floor.

I look up and around the room from my spot on the floor. I notice that there's cages lining the whole wall. The wall across from where my cage is has even move cages lining the wall. I look behind me to see that the wall behind me does not have any cages along it but it has one single door. In front of me is another wall with two different doors. After fully looking around the dimly lit room I look back up at the man who is towering above and watching my every move.

"Where am I?" My voice shakes uncontrollably from fear of the unknown. There's no reply from him as he grips my arm pulling me off the ground and to my feet. He pushes me forward to the wall that has the two doors. He leads me to the door on the right but before we go through the door I try to look into one of the other cages only to find it's to dark for me to see inside. As he reaches for the door I speak up again. "Where am I?" What's happ-" but I get cut of by a hard forceful hand coming across my face. My hand goes to my face as the burning and stinging sets in. I blink back the tears that begin forming in my eyes to try and show I'm not as weak as he may think I am.

"Shut up and stop asking questions!" He growls out in frustration. My body stiffens in fear but I nod my head keeping my mouth shut. He opens the door and pushes me through it. I blink as my eyes adjust to the bright lights in this new room. I can feel him push me forward but my eyes still haven't adjusted causing me to lose my balance. I catch my balance before I can fall and look up to see another man who is even taller then the first.

He looks like he's around 6'11 making me feel awfully short at only 5'3. He has midnight black hair hats cut short on either side and is long enough in the top that he can spike it back. His eyes are a dark, cherry red color and are staring right at me. Red eyes? That's not normal. He's wearing a black suit that hugs the muscles on his arms just right. Underneath he's wearing a light blue shirt along with a light grey tie. He looks professional and looks terribly intimidating. He looks older then me, maybe in his late twenties, and very important.

The first man walks over to him and they begin to talk in hushed voices. I can't hear everything they are saying but I do hear the first man say, "she is 18 years old." I know they are talking about me but I can't make out anything else so I decide to examine this new room.

The room is bigger then the other one. Instead of cages there's shelves lining the walls and even throughout the middle of the room. The shelves are full of numerous different items. It looks like a shop but why are there cages in the back?

Finally, the taller man walks away and disappears behind one of the many shelves. I try keeping my eyes on him but it's no use. The next thing I know he is standing next to me causing me to jump. I open my mouth to say something but quickly shut it remembering what happened last time I spoke. The man who hit me smirks but I look away and up at the giant man standing next to me. I see him moving even closer to me causing me to step back away from him. I receive a glare from him as he grabs my arm pulling me to him. "Oh sweetheart, don't run from me." He whispers into my ear causing shivers to shoot down my spine.

He slips something around my neck and unexpectedly pulls it really tight making it difficult for me to breath. He clasps it together in the back so that it won't come off unless someone takes it off. I turn around to face him and look up in fear. He smirks down at me.

"Edlynn." He says looking me over again. I look at him confused until I realize that it's my name. He rests his hand on my shoulder, gripping it tightly. He looks away from me and to the first man. "I'll take her." His voice is deeper then the first guys and much scarier. His voice sends chill down my back. "Take me? What's happening? Take me where? I'm not some sort of pet!" I tell as loudly as I can with the right collar around my neck. I pull away from his grip on my shoulder. I'm confused as to what's happening but even more scared of what will happen to me. I run across the room wanting to put distance between me and the two men.

"Oh, you'll regret doing that princess." The tall man says as he begins walking toward me. My body tenses as I continue walking backwards until my back hits a wall. Once he's standing in front of me he gives me a wicked smirk and grabs my right arm spinning me around. He attaches a leash to the collar on my neck. He tosses a stack of money to the first guy. I'm his slave, his pet, and worst of all I have no control.

I don't realize he has started walking towards the door so he gives a hard pull in the leash causing me to fall in the floor. Pain shoots up my left wrist as I catch myself with my hands. I whimper in pain as a few tears fall down my face. "Don't do that again." He growls and grabs ahold of my long, caramel brown hair.

He pulls me to my feet using my hair. Once I'm up he impatient pushes me towards the door that marks the unknown for me. He opens it revealing the rising moon. I look around noticing a black limo parked in front of the building. He swings the door open and pushes me inside. He get in sitting down next to me. He lets go of the leash letting it sit on the ground of the car as it quickly begins to drive away. He fixes his cuff links as he gives me a harsh, cold, glare daring me to even try to touch the leash.

I look around noticing a man dressed in all black sitting on the other side of the limo facing us. His eyes were on me as I continued to look around. I look over at the man sitting next to me who was already curiously watching what I'm doing. We make eye contact for a second before I look away.

"Where are we going?" I ask but get no reply. I try to move closer to the door but that earned me two glares from the men in the limo with me. I ignore there warning glares and continue to move closer. The man next to me hastily grabs my arm causing a scream to escape my lips. Suddenly there is a sharp pain in my upset right arm causing me to yelp. Shortly after my breathing slows, my vision blurs, then everything goes black.