Chapter 11

I moan in pain and slowly open my eyes. I blink confusedly. Am I alive? Is this a dream? Or did Eric really kill me? I try to sit up and whimper. Pain, I must be alive. I look around the room examining it and trying to figure out where I am. It's a small bedroom. There's a queen size bed, a nightstand on either side, a few windows on the wall to my left and ahead of me is a door. There are two more doors to my right. The rooms a light shade of gray making the room not too bright but not too dark either. The lights are off but the windows are open letting in a light breeze and the daylight.

I move to the edge of the bed and try standing up. As soon as all my weights on my legs they give out and I fall down to the floor with a loud thud. I hear footsteps coming closer to the door that's on the wall across from the bed. I scoot closer to where the bed and nightstand meet. I start to shake as I fear that Eric's going to come in here and hurt me. The door creaks open and I see Andrew walk in.

"Edlynn, Edlynn what are you doing? Are you okay?" He asks rushing over to me on the ground. I shake my head watching him as he picks me up and sets me back down in the bed. He sits down on the edge of the bed after he helps me lay back down. "Edlynn you need to stay in bed. Your body is still healing. You're not healthy enough yet." He says softly taking my hand.

"W-where's Eric? Where am I-I?" I mutter confused. I try sitting up a little bit but he stops me by putting a hand on my shoulder.

"You're safe. I found you half dead and took you to my house. Eric isn't here. You need to rest though. Do you need anything?" He asks softly giving me a reassuring smile.

"I-I'm okay. W-what if Eric comes and finds me?" I murmur. I start to shake at the thought.

Andrew moves and pulls me carefully into his lap. He rocks back and forth to try and calm me down. "I won't let him hurt you." He whispers into my ear.

I nod my head and rest into his arms. "C-can I please get up?" I ask Andrew. He frowns slightly and shakes his head. I sigh, putting my head against his chest.

"You should rest, you need it." I nod my head softly and lay back down on the bed. He gets up to leave but I gently grab his hand. "Can you stay with me, please?" I ask him and he nods. He sits back down on the bed next to me. I rest my head on his chest and snuggle into him. He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I fall asleep in his arms.

------

A few weeks later and my strengths back. I can walk around on my own and get around Andrews house. His house is simple. All the rooms are a light gray just like the bedroom. It looks very updated. The house opens up to the living room, dining area, and kitchen all in one area. There's a dark gray couch along with two arm chairs in the living room. There is a rug covering the hardwood floors in the living room. The rug is square to fit the space between the couches and arm chairs. It's gray and blue and matches the room perfectly. Across from the couch is a white stone wall that has a wood burning fireplace. Above the fireplace is a large television. The dining table is open in between the living room and kitchen. There's a long table that's big enough to fit 8 people. It's a dark wood with very elegant wooden chairs that match. The kitchen opens up into it. The white cabinets make the kitchen look huge. It has dark gray counters that match the walls. Near the front door are stairs that lead upstairs to three bedrooms with each having their own bathrooms.

His house is smaller than Eric's but just as elegant. I have yet to be outside of the house yet. I hate being stuck inside but Andrew keeps telling me I'm not strong enough to go outside on my own yet.

I'm sitting on the couch next to Andrew. He has the tv on but we haven't been really paying much attention to it.

"Andrew?" I say stretching out the end of his name.

"Yes, Edlynn?" He says softly looking over at me.

"I'm bored. Can we please do something, or go somewhere?" I ask sitting up and looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Edlynn you know you can't go anywhere." He says with a sign. It looks like it hurts him to say that. "What would you like to do that we can stay inside and do?" He asks looking at me knowing that I really want to go outside.

"You're no fun!" I groan in boredom. I think for a second of something that we could do. "Why don't we play a game?" I ask looking at him excited.

"Fine, what game?" He asks curiously while sitting up and looking over at me.

"Hide and seek." I giggle smiling at him.

"I don't want you to get hurt or lost though. I don't think this is a good idea." He looks at me worriedly and grabs my hand as I was about to get up. He pulls me over to him and makes me sit on his lap. "Edlynn I don't want you to get hurt. You are still healing." He whispers into my ear.

I sigh snuggling against his chest. "Andrew I'll be fine. I'm feeling good. Please, can we play? I'm so bored." I say looking at him with a frown trying to convince him to play.

"Fine but if you get hurt at all we are done playing." He says seriously. I nod my head and stand up grabbing his hand and helping him to his feet. "Who counts first?" He asks looking at me with a small forced smile. I sigh softly pulling away.

"You count first," I say and he nods. "Count in the downstairs bathroom." He nods and heads to the bathroom. I hear him start counting and I run to try to find a good place to hide. I head to the kitchen and hide inside one of the lower cabinets that is mostly empty. After a minute I hear footsteps nearby. I stay quiet waiting for him to find me. After he searches for about 5 minutes he opens up the cabinet seeing me. I smile and get out of the hiding spot and head to the bathroom to count.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6," Once I'm finished counting I head out over to the living room. I search behind the chairs and couch than head to the kitchen. After searching the kitchen I head upstairs going into his room first. I check in his walk in closet and find him hiding under some clothes. "Found you!" I giggle. He chuckles lightly and smiles at me.

After a few rounds of playing a lot of spots were found and I wanted to hide somewhere where he would never find me. I silently open the front door and step outside. This is the first time I've been outside since Eric first bought me. I freeze as memories of Eric flash through my mind. The beatings, him trying to kiss me, and when he bites me. I bite my lip holding in tears and shake my head trying to shake them off. I find a bush in the front of the house and kneel down behind it. After what seemed like forever I sit down on the ground because I'm starting to get uncomfortable. I start to worry and get out from my hiding spot walking over to the door but something stops me before I can get there.

Andrew's P.O.V

I search all over the house trying to find her. "Where is she?" I ask myself while I continue to search. After I've checked everywhere I can think she could hide I start to check the spots again. Worry starts to set in as I can't find her. "Edlynn? Edlynn, where are you?" I yell out hoping she can hear me. I continue to call her as I look around. My pace has increased because I'm worried she's hurt. This is why I didn't want to play this game.

After I've searched everywhere I head back downstairs to check where I counted. As I reach the bottom steps that is when I hear a loud scream come from outside. I run outside not caring if the sun burns my skin. I need to find her. I swing open the door and run onto the driveway to see a car that I haven't seen before driving away from my driveway.