Chapter 20

Andrews P.O.V

"Edlynn there are some things we need to talk about," I say seriously. I can see her body tense and I know that she knows exactly what I'm talking about. Her eyes are down to her lap while she fiddles with her fingers. I sigh and continue eating pushing it off until after breakfast.

I take her plate and my own to the sink rinsing off whatever was leftover on the plate. I finished my food but after what I said to her she didn't touch her food. She just played with it with her fork. After I've cleaned up I grab her hand helping her up off the chair and lead her silently to the couch. I sit down pulling her down on my lap.

"I know you probably don't want to talk about this but Edlynn I need to know," I say softly rubbing her back slowly. She continues to look down at her lap fiddling with her fingers but nods her head. "What did he do to you?" I ask gently.

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Tears slowly fall from her eyes and I pull her tight to me continuing to rub her back hoping to calm her down. "Shhh, it's okay," I whisper gently into her ear.

"Andrew I-i don't want to talk about this." She stutters. I only nod my head slowly.

"Okay, we don't have to talk about it right now," I say softly. "I have some errands I need to run. Do you want to come with me?" I ask her kindly.

I notice her hesitate at first but finally nod her head. "Sure." She whispers.

"Okay go get ready and meet me down here when you're done." She nods and I let go of her waist gently kissing her forehead. She gets up heading up the stairs.

Edlynn's P.O.V

I head upstairs and into the bedroom. I go into the bathroom that's connected and turn on the shower. Quickly I wash my hair and body. Once I get out I change into a light blue v-neck shirt with a little pocket on the right with some black leggings. Throwing my hair up into a quick bun I rush downstairs to see him standing near the door.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod walking over to him. It was the middle of the day when we head outside and he leads me to the car. I get in and he sits down next to me with someone else driving.

"How did you get into the house to get me?" I all of a sudden say. I can see him thinking of what exactly to say. When I asked before he pushed it off but I want to know.

"I only knocked him out but he won't be a problem anymore. I won't let him hurt you." He says pulling me close to him.

"What if he does come back?" I mumble. I'm worried he can come back and hurt me.

"Don't worry he won't. You got to remember I'm a big part of the business he owns and if he tries to hurt you again I have something that I can use to completely ruin the business." He tells me. I just look down at my lap not trusting him completely when he says that Eric won't hurt me.

The car pulls up to the mall and the door opens with Andrew getting out first and me following after him. I walk slightly behind him with my head down. Andrew warned me that he would act different in public but I trust him knowing he won't hurt me. We walk into an almost empty store and he reaches back grabbing my hand. I look up at him confused and he only smiles. I see that the store says closed but we go in any way.

"What are you doing?" I whisper. He looks around like he's looking for someone when a man walks over.

"Hey, Andrew! Got yourself a girl I see!" This very lively man says with a huge grin on his face.

"Edlynn this is my best friend Wayde. Wayde this is Edlynn." He says so casually. I just give a small wave hiding behind him still. "Edlynn, it's okay. He isn't bad." I come out a little bit. "Wayde I want her to pick out some clothes. Help her pick something out. I need to go do a few things. It doesn't matter how many things she gets." He tells Wayde and I squeeze his hands not wanting him to go.

"Andrew please," I whisper. I know Andrew trusts this guy but that doesn't mean I do. He sighs and hugs me.

"You'll be fine I promise." He hands me a small cell phone. "If something makes you uncomfortable just call me." He says softly showing me how to do it. I nod and hug him before he leaves.

Wayde smiles and waves as Andrew walks off. "Okay come on. Let's get you some new clothes." He walks off farther into the store. I look around but have no clue what to do. I've never been to a store before.

Whatever clothes I've had before was already bought for me or my parents found or stole. I let Wayde pick out whatever he thinks would look best and I try thing and thing on having Wayde tell me what he thinks.

I try on a casual dress that I need Wayde to help zip up in the back. I step out and let him and I hear a small gasp and turn around as soon as he finishes zipping up the back.

After trying everything he picked out a few things out and see Andrew walking back over. I run into his arms and hug him tightly. He pulls away.

"I'll be right back Edlynn." He says softly and walks over to Wayde talking with him. I sit down on a bench unable to hear what they are talking about.

Shortly after he walks away, he walks back over after paying for the clothes and we head back to his car. We head back home and the rides pretty silent. I can tell that something's on his mind.