Reborn

Narrator's pov

Steven woke up still feeling a little sore but when he reached back to feel his bite it was gone. He walked  down the stairs to see pearl and the others at the counter of the kitchen.
"Hey guys good morning" he said with a reasuring smile, causing garnet to look up and reply "i see somones feeling better" "yo ste-man im sorry but no luck finding what did that to you" said amethyst with a look of concern " but we saw the place where you were attack,there was blood and struggle  makes in the sand but one quesion"steven looked up from the bacon that he was eating and replied still having a peice of bacon hanging out of his mouth "sure what do you want to know" "how did you manage to escape, that thing was twice your size judging from the markes we found on the beach" he looked down to his gem and spoke up sighlently " i-i dont rememmber, all i remember is a sudden pain and then i blacked out for a second. Next thing i know i was running to the temple" he looked at pearl was sweating  bullets. He saw that the swelling went away "well anyways me and amethyst have a mission but we will be bavk next week, peridots still on the loose and we cant have that now can we" garnlet says before heading out the door with amethyst but just as she opened the door she turned around looking at pearl "keep an eye on steven while we're gone. I dont wanting the beast comimg back for seconds" and in return pearl nodds in agreement.

After they left pearl sat down next to steven "how do you feel steven" "fine after all tonight is a big night" he says with a slight frown. Pearl notices this and comforts him by huging him tightly and kissing his forhead "its gonna be ok ill be there the whole time". Steven blushes when she did that but gets nervous when he remembers her say that it was going to be agonizeingly painful. "Ummm pearl after the pain and all that whats gonna happen" "steven im going to be honest with you this curse comes with two sides the side that is you and the side of the beast what im saying is your gonna have to fight for control" pearl says with tears starting to form.

Steven notices a tear run down her face and wipes it away "pearl if i loose when i fight for control whats gonna happen" "steven promis you will try you best to gain control for me please i dont want to-to" she was interrupted when tears started gushing out of her eyes again. Steven grabbed her face and looked her straight in the eye "pearl i promise you i will gain control if not you do what you have to_ok" she looks at him i disbeleife and a borken hrmeart "ok" was all she could say without sobbing.

*Time skip* 10 min until sun down
Pearls room.

Steven was sitting on her bed while she was hugging him waiting for him to react to night fall "pearl whats gonna hap- OH MY STARS AHHHHHHHH" he screamed out in pain. Pearl immedenatally pushed him aside, she stepped back and watched "fight through it steven i beleive in you" steven was in so much oain that he fell to his hands and knees he felt his head pounding it felt like a man with a jackhammer was in his head. He looked down to see his fingernails were being pushed out and large claws took there place then he felt his spine extending  and cause him even more pain. It felt his insides were on fire he flipped over to see his legs, were growing and his ribs were extending ripping his cloths to shreds and jet black hair started to grown all ovet his body the las thing he felt was his skull changing shape into that of a wolf.

The beast stood up 10 feet tall and immediately saw pearl standing there and reacted by baring his large canains  with rage. He took a few stepps closer to her grabbing her and lifting her in the air. She was about to transform and fight back until he brought her face closer to his and sniffing. After a few seconds the beast put her down and took a few steps back still determing if she is friend or foe. To gain his full trust completely she dicided to morph herself "steven if your still there im gonna change so dont attack me" she changermd within seconds ( 5000 years of experience rember) the beast looked at her and jumped back from surpize. pearls wolf was only 7 feet tall and her fur was completely white with her gem hidden by her fur. The male wolf took small stepps twords the female until "steven can you hear me" pearl said telepathicly. The beast roared with rage and fear "steven calm down its me pearl" he was clutching his clearly telling her to stop he roared and was swatting at the air as if he was fighting invisible foes. Then out of nowhere he stoped and fell on his knees then kneeled his head. Pearl came closer to see if he was alright until she heard a voice in her head "pearl is that you" steven stood up and looked at his new body "whoa how come im bigger then you wait" he turned around and saw pearl coming up to him " your so beatiful"
He thought to himself "ummm steven you do realize i can hear you right" his eyes widend and he took a few steps back until " ummm no"
"Its how we communicate".

"Ummm so what now" pearl walks up to him and sniffs around fir a while "steven to be honest i didnt know you would be like this and another thing is ive been wondering anout somthing" she continues to sniff and inspect.
"Ummm what exactally are you wondering" she stops investigating and looks him directly in the eyes "ill tell you when you change back but for now we must go to amethyst room and see what we find usually i find things to hunt down there like gem shards or other things" "fine by me lets go".

Then they both hop down the waterfall in pearls room and arive in amethyst room.

Sorry this took so long but i kinda got stuck 😁